44 users online (2 members and 42 guests)  

Thread: help needed

Related

1. Help Needed Please    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. A Lot of Help Needed    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Help needed please    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Help needed with DBD and DBI    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 8
  5. Help Needed    Forum: Barter/Trade
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

help needed

okay people i dont know where i should be posting this but as its close to myspace i will put it here.
    okay i want to make a social network like bebo.com or myspace.com i prefer bebo as its alot better.
    do you guys know any software or website that sells social networking like does i found a few but you need to pay like 300 dollars to get a crappy account so i cant really afford that much and its something that i dont want if you get what i mean.
    if you guys have any cllues please tell me.

another question i got is like myspace and bebo makes over 400 million a year well it was on the papers a while ago i dont plan to make it that good even know i wish but how exacly do they make money on iit, like i got a website but i dont make any money out of it.
    so you get any ideas how they make money is it for every page view there is they get like $0.005 can anyone please explaine it to me as im confused.

Status

Re: help needed

I haven't looked into the software you are looking for, so I am not sure on the answer. I do know that MySpace, Facebook, etc. all use software they have written, not off-the-shelf software.

As to how they make money, they make money off advertising. They make deals with companies to show their ads on the site the same way as many other sites.

New User

Status

ohh so is that the only way they can make money off advertising i found a software that looks like orkut.com and myspace.com but i want a better software like bebo.com

Status

There are really only two ways to make money on a website: sell products and sell traffic.

Sell Products:
    There are two products that can be sold: physical and virtual. Physical products are items that will be shipped to you (Amazon, etc.) Virtual products are services (Netflix, etc.).

Sell Traffic:
    This one is more difficult to predict, but is potentially more profitable. The more people that come to your site, the more valuable your site is to advertisers. This works the same way that radio does. We get radio stations for free. They make money based on the number of listeners they have. The more listeners they have, the more likely a person is to hear an ad on the radio making the ad spot worth more money. Super Bowl ads are another prime example of that. The key to this is generating the traffic. You need to have the content that will bring people to your site. Myspace used the human need to communicate in addition to the desire to be unique in order to bring traffic to their site. The more people that signed up on their site (and kept coming back), the more they were able to charge for their advertising space.

While the traffic can be sold, it is also needed for every site to be successful whether it is a family site or a the website of a multibillion dollar corporation. There are thousands of debates out there over how best to generate the necessary traffic to your site in order to make it successful, but the key in developing a site is what to do with the traffic once you have it.

New User

Status

^^^^
    thanks im appreciate your comments.
    they kind of helped me, um what to do after you got the trafic is quite easy but the hard thing is to find a social network software i dont minde paying up to 500 dollars for the software as the myspace one can be bought for 350 dollars i think i saw it on the website but i think myspace is not something exciting as bebo.com well thanks very much for your comments i appreciate it alot.