41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. not even sure where to begin    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Post I don't know where to begin?

Seriously. I don't have a clue what I'm doing, how to start a page. I've uploaded a file through FTP, but that's all I know. Please give me help. I've been using homestead and was looking for something challenging, but I just want to build my first page. Reply if you can help me.

Zaire Web

Well, do you have a specific question? If you dont know html, try out AHFB's html tutorials

allstarr

Well, what style of site is it. Why type of site it is can depend greatly on what specific color's you use. So, just add a background, put your info in tables and switch things around tell it looks alright to you. To learn how to do this stuff just read his tutorials.

New User

Status

All I have done is activated a site at hyperion. I also downloaded WS_FTP 6.0, and uploaded a video clip. Any help getting started from there.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

your best bet is to start here http://www.ahfb2000.com/html.php
    Open up notepad or another text editor and follow along with the tutorials. If you have specific questions post the url with the troubled page code, and the specific problem.

Dave

New User

Status

Do I need some kind of software to use the tutorial, and can I use MS Word or do I need notepad.

allstarr

lol, no software needed and don't use word, use notepad. Just go through the tutorials after that and it'll explain how to make things. Your the editor, make some of your own style if you can. Or at least, you'll be a good editor some day. I remember when I first came here, I asked on EVERYTHING, and finally I think I've gotten alot of things down. But not near as much as Dave. But, I can hold my own. I probably bugged them so much. I bet two whol pages of this 'Html Help' forum is dedicated to my problems and questions. So ask away!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

notepad or wordpad is preferred

New User

Status

so I just put my html and load it through FTP.

Administrator

Status

that is pretty much it, let us know if we can help you.

Dave

Administrator

Status

Hey Needing Help,

You sound exactly like me 5 months ago.

This is how I learned...

Using an editor like dreamweaver or even an online editor like Homestead, the best thing you can do to learn is this -

View the source! Make a page in homestead with, for example, a big title and an image on it, then go in and view the code and see how it works. Keep it simple, make baby steps and learn as you create.

HTML is very simple compared to most computery things, and I have no doubt that if you monitor the changes you make to a page, then look at the code generated to make those changes, you will be an HTML wizard in no time.

After 1 week I was coding my own pages, the rest is just learning presentaion and style.

Experiment. Its the only way to learn.

------------------
    QuietDean-

New User

Status

I need to know how to link from a file in my public folder. I have a rm video that I need to link to, but I can't figure out the link. Does anybody know how that goes. I got the rest of it covered, and I understand it now.

New User

Status

I don't know exactly what you mean, but you can link to a Real Media file like this:

<a href="http://www.myhost.com/folder/file.rm">Real Media file</A>

And I'm not sure about this, but it might be possible to embed a Real Media file into an HTML document:

<EMBED SRC="http://www.myhost.com/folder/file.rm"></EMBED>

New User

Status

Have a look at this
    http://www.brothercake.com/audiocat.html

Is this the sort of thing you want? Let me know and I'll give you the code - only it's quite complex so there's no point posting it all unless it's what you're looking for.

New User

Status

I need the link from the public folder in my spaceports account.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last