47 users online (1 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. A Search ENgine optimization experts Hub    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. SEO Experts Wanted    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Need some Feedback from the experts

Hey All,

I'm just a amateur web site designer, have only designed web sites for my gaming squadrons. I wanted feedback and help for my main web site.

http://www.geocities.com/sqn416/index.html

Please take a stroll around and tell me what I can improve on. anything at all. I know the pictures are too big but besides that.

Evan

Administrator

Status
    I looked at this one the other day.

Apart from the Images being way too buig for a 56k modem, I quite like it. Its not too busy, the layout is easy to use.

Layout-wise, some of the pages (like Roster) has a link back to the main page. It would make your visitors life easier if ti contained all the links so they can 'wander about' as it were.

I noticed you used a Claris editor. You might want to try out some others, as the standard for well-formed html has increased a lot lately.

DreamWeaver is excellent .
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Excellent Advice! Thanks!

New User

Status
    A couple of things I noticed:

On your menu bar, some of the links appear as red text. I (personal opinion here) find this a bit difficult to read on a blue/white background.

Since I have some vision impairment, I (again, personal opinion) would like to see a slightly larger font.

Another (admittedly minor) point: Can you rephrase the credit line at the bottom? "was designed and maintained" implies past tense, as though you are no longer involved with the site. My suggestion: leave out 'was'. That would bring the phrase into the present.

Other than that, looks good!

New User

Status
    Thanks! I'll add those points to my list of refinments.

Status
    Nice job.

I noticed a missing graphic on http://www.geocities.com/sqn416/roster.html

If you use the alt command, which is w3c standards, then people get a description of what the graphic should have been. You go img src="blabblab.gif" alt="blab blab picture." The words "blab blab picture" would show up beside the missing graphic symbol.