33 users online (0 members and 33 guests)  

Related

1. Screen resolution problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Frames and Screen Resolution    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Standardize Screen Resolution    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. Screen Resolution    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 9
  5. Is it the resolution, or a Stretch??    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Unhappy How do you stretch a website to any screen resolution

As i am seeing, this question is being asked alot, but my problem is that i am not using HTML to build my website. I am using photoshop. What i want is for it to work like the MSN homepage. It should also look similar to it. For example, a white background and all my data in the pages, but if you are viewing it, at 800x600, it should be full page and if i look at it at 1024x768, it should also look the same(full page).

Can anyone help me?

Status

Re: How do you stretch a website to any screen resolution

ok. I am confused. You say it needs to act like the MSN homepage, but that it needs to be full screen at any resolution? The MSN page has a minimum width of 979px and a width set at 87.96em. At my resolution, that leaves me with 300 pixels on either side of the page. The page does not expand to fill the screen.

I will be glad to help you, but you are going to have to do SOME editing of HTML and/or CSS to get this working. I understand that you are not using an HTML editor to create the page. However, when everything is said and done, you will end up with HTML laying out the page whether Photoshop creates it or you do.

New User

Status

Ok. Once it fulls the screen same way on each resolution

Can you help me do that?

Status

I will do my best to help you with it. Could you send me a screenshot of your Photoshop layout? Then I can let you know if it is possible.

(Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have been out sick)

New User

Status

Talking Re: How do you stretch a website to any screen resolution

Was your problem solved? I tried to understand what exactly you need and here are my ideas: If you just need the page to look the same way in any resolution - and you don't mind your visitor can see only a part of the page in lower resolution then just set the fixed with of your page (just insert all your content to one main div and set a fixed width to it - for example 1024 px). Or - maybe - you want to offer your content as an image (at the msn page there is quite a big image, do you like this?) and then you just insert the image and set its width depending on users screen resolution. Or you need something different than these two variants?

Status

The problem is that silentarts does not want a fixed width. He/she needs to send a screenshot of their design.