37 users online (1 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. BUYING - Sites with traffic - BUYING    Forum: Websites For Sale
    Replies: 4
    Man Utd Fans

Status

buying domain here

i'm kinda unsure about buying domains here.
    i'm wondering: after you buy the domain names here, do i have to find a web domain host? or does this site provide space and other stuff for me already?

P.S can u also explain how does buying a domain name and accessing it works(in both here and outside?)
    Last edited by geek987; 10-07-2002 at 07:16 PM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    You will need to get your own webhosting. I would be careful with the places that give you domains with your hosting, many will own your domain which leaves you stuck with a poor host.

You can buy your domain now without setting up the nameservers, there are default namesevers that will be used until finish configuring your account.

One of the questions a host will ask when signing up is the domain name, be sure to have it already. Once you have hosting, your host will send you an email with your namesever details. Enter your domain account and finishh the setup.

Dave

Man Utd Fans

Status
    do u know any cheap, or free hosting that are good?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    It would depend on what you are going to do with your site, do you need databases, windows/*nix yadda yadda yadda.

100megswould be a good place to look though.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    Okay, different questioner, different question, but an extension on the previous one.

I've bought my domain name. I have my site hosting (GeoCities). Now how do I allocate my newly-bought domain name to my site?

Administrator

Status

Since you do not yet have a real host you will have to have domain forwarding. If you give me your account info I can see if you are set up with forwarding.

P.S. In the future please start your own threads

Dave

New User

Status

Smile Re: buying domain here

After you have bought a domain name, the next thing is to get the domain name hosted with a hosting company.

There are many web hosting companies out there and you should choose the hosting plan that is suitable to your need. If you plan to upload lots of videos or videos or movies, best is to get a hosting plan that offer higher bandwidth and bigger space.
    Otherwise, you can opt for a cheaper package.

I do not recommend free hosting for these reasons :

1. limited bandwidth and space.
    2. lots of advertisements.
    3. sub domain only. Example : www.host.com/yourdomainname
    4. downtime or uptime : not that consistent.

If you are looking for a reasonable priced hosting company with generous hosting space/bandwidth...you can check out servage.net.

I have using their hosting for a couple of years, to host my music videos, movie trailers, movies and tutorial videos.

Hope this help you in choosing a reliable hosting company.

Need help, you can reach me anytime..

Cheers !
    Vince
    Last edited by HTML; 03-09-2012 at 06:33 PM.