42 users online (0 members and 42 guests)  

Related

1. PayPal button    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. CSS and img height & width    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. IE div height query    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Height form paypal

After some years form the creation of my internet site I have decided to correct a little paging problem that i left unresolved for a lot of time (one time it wasn't so important...).

The site is created in xhtml e css and the problem is to equalize the length of the page (pratically the height) for all the browser, to better manage the space for the advertising banner.

I have tried to divide the page in variuos div setting the various heights with height and min-height but I can't make it uniform for a problem of the paypal cart code, I think.

I have tried to insert the central column in a table setting the height of the td but the problem stay.

For better understaning the problem I inserted an adsense banner on the right: if you open the page with firefox and then with explorer you will see that the end of this banner finish next to a different text line in the central column, and this make me difficult to manage the space in the bottom.

If you can help me to get, pace after pace, an optimal solution fully compatible with all the browser, that doesn't use hack and is validated in Wc3, I would be very grateful to you.

This is the address of a sample page:

ht tp:/ /ww w.idee-regalo.biz/regalo-animali. html

Thank you all.

New User

Status

Re: Height form paypal

this is good information thanks for sharing it

New User

Status

Re: Height form paypal

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    After some years form the creation of my internet site I have decided to correct a little paging problem that i left unresolved for a lot of time (one time it wasn't so important...).

The site is created in xhtml e css and the problem is to equalize the length of the page (pratically the height) for all the browser, to better manage the space for the advertising banner.

I have tried to divide the page in variuos div setting the various heights with height and min-height but I can't make it uniform for a problem of the paypal cart code, I think.

I have tried to insert the central column in a table setting the height of the td but the problem stay.

For better understaning the problem I inserted an adsense banner on the right: if you open the page with firefox and then with explorer you will see that the end of this banner finish next to a different text line in the central column, and this make me difficult to manage the space in the bottom.

If you can help me to get, pace after pace, an optimal solution fully compatible with all the browser, that doesn't use hack and is validated in Wc3, I would be very grateful to you.

This is the address of a sample page:

ht tp:/ /ww w.idee-regalo.biz/regalo-animali. html

Thank you all.
    When I go between IE and Firefox, they look pretty much identical. I can't duplicate the problem, but I think I understand it. The adsense area must be served different sized ads at different times, correct? Then the div collapses and leaves extra space below the ad. If this is the case, you could also set up that particular Adsense unit to only serve 120x600 pixel ads.

If anything I've said is close to being correct, try setting min-height:600px; to the adsenseSkyscraper ID in your css file.

Hope it helps!