39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Related

New User

Status

HTML and photoshop6 help

Ok, In advance i'd like to thank anyone who may attempt to help me!

Here is the problem. I have created an image navigational bar in photoshop6 using slices and following all directions I could find on the subject. It created an html document for me. The nav bar works just as intended in photoshop tests, image ready tests, and my html editor (homesite 4.5.1). But when I upload it to my site i get a whole page of little "X's" where the image slices should be. The linked slices work as links, but the image will not show up. I'll post the code if asked, but it is quite large IMO and so i'll spare that for now as to not kill the forum. The url to the problem page is www.clearhat.com/malice/shopnav.html
    I have tried saving the whole thing as a jpg, and then tried resaving just the linked slices as a gif, etc. etc. and none of that made a difference.
    I have never used photoshop for this kind of stuff and i'm sure it is just something simple i didnt do correctly, but after a full night of trial and error it still will not work for me. I tried uploading the html page PHP generated by itself, and I also tried tweaking the html and still nothing. I'm desperately at a loss here and any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need me to post the HTML and I will do so.
    Thanx again
    ~Malice

Status
    Asking the obvious, did you check to make sure that the images were uploaded to the correct directory? One of the images is http://www.clearhat.com/malice/images/navtest_01.gif . Since the page is is the malice directory, the images have to be in a subdirectory of that directory (malice) called images. Also, make sure that the images are named exactly (including upper vs. lower case) as you've referenced them in the page.

New User

Status
    Well I uploaded the image as a whole, as the single image file it saved as. I saved it in the proper directory. I didnt get an option for seperate images in my directory, I guess I can look into that as well. I will double check the upper/lower case issue, didnt think of that one but i have had the problem before. Thanx a lot, i'll let ya know if any of that was the problem. HTML i can handle, but get fancy and i'm a newb lol
    ~Malice

New User

Status
    Ahh Enigma you have saved the day! I never saw the new image file photoshop created containing all of the individually saved slices, and so that file didnt get uploaded. I told you it was something simple my ADMIN EDIT missed! I thank you very much for your help, you have saved my sanity
    ~Malice
    Last edited by HTML; 10-08-2002 at 03:15 PM.

Status
    You're quite welcome. Glad to save someone's sanity since mine has gone missing for years!

New User

Status

Re: HTML and photoshop6 help

I was wondering how i can change the headline and gender and were i am from, in my space. Also if i only want the box with my picture to be transparent, how do i do that? Is there anybody who can help?