30 users online (0 members and 30 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 3
  2. Band Music Player positioning problem    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. Band Need help with Myspace    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Place Myspace Band Player In Certain Position

i have a band page, and i'm using the table object and table embed codes to place the music player at a specified margin from the left and top of the screen. sadly this causes my player to show up in firefox and internet explorer in completely different locations.

so i would like to change this, by having the music player show up directly inside of a certain div table on my site, rather than having it over the page.

is this possible?

i named the div table player.

and tried by doing the following:

Code:
    <div id="player><div id="profile_mp3player"></div></div>
    which is obviously wrong, so my question is. how would i place the myspace music player in there without using the embed code?

i'm very well aware of the hide myspace player code, and then using the flash embed code to place the player anywhere i like.

which is how i had my profile a while ago. but after asking myspace for help with some code, they said my page could very well be deleted for doing that, because it's not permitted to embed the player.

Status

Re: Place Myspace Band Player In Certain Position

alright,
    first off you didn't put the second set of quotes in the: <div id="player>

it should look like this:
    <div id="player">

and second i'm assuming you're aware of the positioning css,
    for example:
    position:relative or absolute,
    top:XXXpx;
    right:XXXpx;
    left:XXXpx;
    etc.

if you place a underscore in front of those values like:
    _top:XXXpx;
    _right:XXXpx;
    _left:XXXpx;
    internet explorer will only be able to read that.
    firefox will not read that.

so if you want the player to be 50 pixels down from the top in firefox but want it to be 90 pixels down from the top in internet explorer it would look like this:

top:50px; _top:90px;

so if you just do that for all of your positioning values then it should be fine. it is kinda a pain to have to go through and adjust them all, but a friend of mine had told me internet explorer is usually around 9 pixels less than the value used for firefox.

so say you want it to appear 50pixels down from
    top in firefox, and want it to be in the same area in internet explorer it would look like this:

top:50px; _top:41px;

--------------------------
    Now it will not always be 9, you will have to play with the numbers to get it exactly the way you like.

============

Make sure to put the underscored attribute after the regular attribute, internet explorer will read both, but if you have it like so: _top:XXpx; top:XXpx; then it will read the last one and that one will be what it llistens to. so again, make sure to put it like so: top:XXpx; _top:XXpx;

============
    If you need any more help let me know.
    Last edited by codybear; 01-29-2009 at 06:33 PM.

I'm not on much anymore,
    so please be patient myspace coders!

New User

Status

somebody actually replied! i thought i had to go back to the default layout for my music page!

thanks a lot for replying.

that still didn't fix it though, i noticed it right after posting it here.

but i have a problem with this!

is there a way to place the music player into a specific div, and have the properties count from there?

so rather than margin-left from the left of the screen, it would be margin left from where the div starts, i think that would be very useful for my site, is that possible?

this is the page i'm currently trying to help correct:

http://www.myspace.com/kasessky

as you can see if you're using firefox and you change the pixel size the location of the music player completely changes.

which shows how it would vary if people use different screen resolutions.

if so please tell me how!
    Last edited by HTML; 03-02-2009 at 07:46 AM.

Status

As far as i know myspace won't allow you to call out the music player to place it in a div, therefore you'd have to code it, and i only know about coding for firefox and IE in myspace, I'm still trying to research how to code specifically for opera also but haven't had much time to find that out yet.

And the coding for firefox and IE i have already posted in this thread along with plenty of others.

so idk what to tell you, i have no clue how to call it out in a div, and as far as i know myspace doesn't like you messing with their music player(in the newer T.O.S.), if you re-embed it into a different div that can get your account cancelled, so i'm not able to explain how to do that, but if you're interested in that, google is your friend.
    everyone says that, but it's true, learn how to refine searched in google. it really helps.

I'm not on much anymore,
    so please be patient myspace coders!