37 users online (2 members and 35 guests)  

New User

Status

Smile New to web designing and hosting... need help!

I'm new to web designing and I need to create an small flash website to promote my drum videos on youtube. All that is needed on the website is some equipment specs and some of my videos embedded. Does anyone know a name of a website that offers free web hosting? I just want to learn how to design my website before I pay for hosting.

Status

Re: New to web designing and hosting... need help!

First things first, how are you planning on creating a Flash site? If it is a pure Flash site, then you don't need to worry about hosting. Using Adobe Flash, you just create the swf file, and run it on your local computer. Then when you are ready, embed the Flash object into an HTML page.

Also, as a side note, if you are doing straight HTML code (no PHP or ASP), you don't need a web server in order to design and view the pages. Just open them in your web browser instead.

New User

Status

Well, I think I might just go ahead and get as much space as possible (not a flash website). I need a good host that has some good templates and features because I'm new to HTML and web editing software.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jthayne View Post
    First things first, how are you planning on creating a Flash site? If it is a pure Flash site, then you don't need to worry about hosting. Using Adobe Flash, you just create the swf file, and run it on your local computer. Then when you are ready, embed the Flash object into an HTML page.

Also, as a side note, if you are doing straight HTML code (no PHP or ASP), you don't need a web server in order to design and view the pages. Just open them in your web browser instead.
    thanks for this one!

Status

awardspace.com
    freehostia.com

These are best free hosting company .

Status

yola.com
    is a online website builder ,subdomain provider and ad free hosting provider .You can also try it .

Status

Cool Re: New to web designing and hosting... need help!

Quote Originally Posted by kalebdrums View Post
    I'm new to web designing and I need to create an small flash website to promote my drum videos on youtube. All that is needed on the website is some equipment specs and some of my videos embedded. Does anyone know a name of a website that offers free web hosting? I just want to learn how to design my website before I pay for hosting.
    Google it,google is best answer for your problem.