45 users online (0 members and 45 guests)  

Related

1. My Space Coding    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Coding Confusion    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. coding problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5

Status

do you need Myspace coding help?

i will be trying to answer a bunch of outstanding questions this weekend, but i have alot of homework to finish before i can do so.
    i will hopefully be posting most of my myspace coding that i know, so please be patient on the questions that are waiting to be answered as the post i will be making will answer most of them.

in the mean time feel free to post new questions,
    and i will try to answer them in a timely manner,
    but seeing as how i am the main person answering questions in the myspace forum, it tends to get hard to catch all of the posts.
    thanks for understanding,
    Cody.

I'm not on much anymore,
    so please be patient myspace coders!

New User

Status

Re: do you need Myspace coding help?

yea new to this, a few basic ones i guess:

where do i insert code, i know it must be while editing the profile, annoying, but what section works best?

what code should i be playing with first, i found 4 stylesheets attached to the static myspace profile, but not sure which is top tier or most important for that matter?

is there some kind of blank css template with all known myspace elements? that would sure be helpful.

how strict are they on code and positioning, specifically embedding alternate flash players?

thanks on any help i could get, and if you've got a photoshop question just ask.

Status

Re: do you need Myspace coding help?

where do i insert code, i know it must be while editing the profile, annoying, but what section works best?

I personally put all coding that goes within style tags in the who i'd like to meet section and in the about me I'll have the coding for the div itself(not css for div), or textboxes, or comment box codes, basically everything else i put in the about me.

That use to be the "safe mode" way of doing css coding on myspace, but its suppose to not matter anymore.

what code should i be playing with first, i found 4 stylesheets attached to the static myspace profile, but not sure which is top tier or most important for that matter?

if you could post the four style sheets i can tell you which one it is.

is there some kind of blank css template with all known myspace elements? that would sure be helpful.

this will be part of what i'll be posting hopefully in the next day or two.
    it will have all the element names so you can call on the blog section, extended network, pic, headline, display name, etc, etc, etc.

how strict are they on code and positioning, specifically embedding alternate flash players?

I'm not too sure how strict they are. i usually use their player or one that's hidden from view. sometimes i go to one of those free myspace customizer sites and use their generator for a musiic player or anything like that, and then i just remove the "tag" or the link/advertisement that they put in the coding that promotes their site. its usually within the last section of coding.

i haven't really started playing with photoshop yet, other than when i was in high school but i forgot it all, but i might have some advice someday in the future.

I'm not on much anymore,
    so please be patient myspace coders!