30 users online (1 members and 29 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Microsoft Publisher web upload problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Microsoft Expression Web    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Replies: 2
  5. Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Unhappy Problem w/Microsoft Publisher website

I am having major difficulty in uploading the website I built in Publisher. I am using godaddy.com for my name and using their hosting account as well. When I try to save my website as an .html document, I can not locate my "FTP" location, so that my images and formatting are not being uploaded. Godaddy says its a Microsoft problem, and that they need to provide me with a ftp location. Microsoft doesnt know what I am talking about. help???

New User

Status

Re: Problem w/Microsoft Publisher website

I might be the only other person on the planet who uses publisher to create web sites, so if you havent figured it out, iŽd be happy to help you out. First, are you trying to publish to the web from Publisher or are you publishing to your hard drive and then using an ftp program to upload??

New User

Status

I have attempted to do it both ways. I ran into difficulty because there was no "web wizard" to help figure out my ftp site. Now that I have that, I was able to upload my .html files, but nothing displayed, and godaddy said that was due to the fact that something became corrupt during the upload. However, after multiple attempts to upload, it still doesn't want to work.

New User

Status

The first and very necessary step is to install and configure either filezilla or Mozilla FTP. (both downloadable freeware) I am assuming that you are using the FTP program in your C-panel with godaddy. To configure either one you simply need:

Host: ie ftp://yourdomain.com

Login and password.

Publisher generates and index.htm file and a folder with the imagaes. Use filezilla to upload them both and the page should work.

If you are using forms in your web page you will need to install the Microsoft Frontpage Extensions on you godaddy account and upload from publisher directly. But first i would try and test the page with filezilla.

New User

Status

Talking Re: Problem w/Microsoft Publisher website

Although at first I still had a problem, this has now worked out perfectly! Thank you for your help!

New User

Status

Tell me how u did it please. Coz im using the same setup but Im unable to do it correctly

New User

Status

really iam unable to understand ur query