58 users online (1 members and 57 guests)  

Related

1. advice    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Replies: 3
  3. Need Advice..    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 10
    New User

Status

Question Some advice needed please...

Hi all,

Firstly i would just like to say i am new to this forum and new to the world of websites etc (im more of a hands on person but have come to realise over the years that more and more people use the internet than anything else) therefore have started my own website.

I am a DJ and have been DJ-ing for many years, alot of you may not know the genre 'Grime' but here in London UK its the UK form of American Hiphop but a little more heavy sometimes (MC-ing etc)

Anyway, there is so many good artist unsigned out there so they are still in the underground scene, i have got together with a friend and made our website www. grime radio .co .uk its a 24/7 live streaming radio station dedicated to the underground and mainstream music scene in London and UK and we are going to expand it by DJ-ing live and MC-ing live etc. I get a fair amount of traffic a day but not as much as i want to, we are starting to promote it via flyers and leaflets in clubs etc and word of mouth but havent a clue how to get going via the internet and promotion, i have spent quite a few days researching via google for internet radio forums and help etc but havent found anything that will help me get to what i want so just need some advice on how to go about this. Also please, im very new to the internet so am not very fond of the shortcut words that are used as on one site it was like reading another language but apprantely it was written in english but i didnt understand a word of it. I just basically want to promote the site on other sites or in places like an advert focusing on the london music scene but for all countries as alot of my listerners come from other countries as it shows in my stats page.

Any advice and help would be very grateful and where to go to do it.

Thanks all
    Last edited by HTML; 02-10-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: email removed

New User

Status

Re: Some advice needed please...

If you want to get more traffic to your site, try registering with as many serch engines as possible.
    I havent typed any HTML in over 10 years, so I'm playing catch up here. Try typing 'registering with search engines' in your favorite search engine and look for a title that fits your needs.
    Good luck, you''ll get at lesst one more visitor, I gotta check it out.
    ...b

New User

Status

admin note: self promotion removed
    Last edited by HTML; 03-19-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Status

Dear friend.
    Dont worry if you are new to internet.I want to tell you that google search is your best guide and friend.

If you want to use a service but you have some doubt for that service then you should search on google
    (that serivce name+scam)
    When you get search result,you must review at least three search results and if all saying same then you can sure about the result.
    If you want to make a blog you should search on google
    (best blogging plateform)
    You can also put questions in google search

If you want to promote your website/blog you can search
    (seo optimization,blog promotion,top 10 ways to obtain quality traffic for blog)
    If you want to earn money through your website or blog you should search
    (top 10 earning websites for publishers,top adsense alternatives)
    (MUST MAKE AN ENQUIREY ON GOOGLE BEFORE USING ANY SERVICE WITH thatservice+scam)
    Last edited by shariq222; 05-11-2009 at 08:13 AM.

New User

Status

i have a friend who made a myspace page he's a dj as well.

also you could use twitter. and facebook. it's a good way to promote the bands you'r playing and your station. just remeber to always have you url to your site on each post or update you make to those places also a good thing to use is a "Banner Exchange". banners dont have to be super fancey to be eye catching the key is to get to the point. in your case underground uk radio.. as said above:

google is also an awesome tool.

look into to some of the link exchanges as well.

a friend of mine is teaching me to promote my Game website. And im also using those tips to promote my online store.. he runs a banner exchange called icebanners you can find it on google or you can just profile me

PARTY HARD MAN!

New User

Status

You can look for seo company online. There are plenty of quality and reliable seo companies. Also you can join forums like this and read all about seo informations and you can get ideas in this forum.

New User

Status

Traffic sources are search engines, referrals and direct. TO get lots of traffic from search engines, practice SEO. From referrals, you could purchase some ads or post in forums

New User

Status
    3 Locust Street, Suite A Assonet, MA 02702

I think you should try to promote it in right way.As you should try to post articles at different article directories, submit press release , try to book mark & most importantly you should not forget to promote it via social media sites.

New User

Status

Submit your Website links to directories and bookmarking sites. Post blogs, articles and ads to website to get more traffic. Most important thing is to make your site attractive to visitors so that they keep returning to your site and keep your page rank high.

New User

Status

As long as your web site provides the visitors what they need, they will visit your site and so your PR will rise. For that you just need good unique contents and a proper way of web site promotion.