39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Thread: Frame help

Related

1. frame help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Frame Help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 7
  3. frame help!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Frame help

Hello,

I have a Question about making a frame obviously , heres the thing

this is the url to my website:
    http://www.dreamers.web1000.com
    (I also enclosed a image as to what i mean
    if that helps.)

if you look there you see that is has a interface , now what i wanted to do is make a frame at the place where the text is on my page and info , other images etc.
    but how do i make a frame so my interface is still in the same position and not with scroll bars, and so that if i use my menu links(thats in the interface) it will directly go to on the right in the frame, i want to do this so the navigation will be faster and the interface doesnt need to load each page , also reducing some bandwidth
    but ive looked into frames and tried a few things bit6 i cant figure out how to make a frame for this...as it has to be in the shape of a L up side down i guess but without closing horizontal and vertical so the interface will stay in one part.

I hope this isnt to confussing and clear enough as to what i mean , and i hope someone knows how to do this or has code for me to do this cause basically im lost lol
    Thanks in advance to all that might be able to help me out
    if i need to explain different or better pls let me know aswell.

Regards,
    Syb

Administrator

Status
    Hi there Syb.

You can make an inverted 'L' frame, but it will actually be three frames so this might not be suitable.

The problem is going to be your 'Interface'. This is actually a dhtml menu , and as such, is very complicated. Your best bet would probably be to speak to the author of the menu.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    thank you, i was afraid that might be a trouble to, however i can put a target in the dhtml menu , so i thought it still might be possible..?

so if it were to be able to work id probably have to slice the interface and put the above part in the top and the side part to the left , making the 3rd for where the text would be ?

Ill see if i can contact the maker of the menu aswell, thanks allready loads for helping

Regards,
    Sybje

Administrator

Status
    If the dhtml menu can take a target, then you should be fine. Yes, a slice at the top, and left, will make an inverted L shape, so you can go from there.

I do not know if the dhtml menu is capable of 'moving' over a frame tho, but try it and see.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Keep in mind that when using a DHTML menu you will be shutting out most search engine spiders, including the all important google.

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    Thanks ill have a look if it might work, otherwise ill think about making a new menu

I didnt know that dhtml did that on the search machines, even tho i dont need audience of the search machines, thanks for that tip might come of handy with other things i have with dhtml menus to

Thanks alot for the help you provide !

Best Regards,

Syb