34 users online (1 members and 33 guests)  

Thread: submenu

Related

1. CSS Submenu Wierdness    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Replies: 0
    New User

Status

submenu

Hello,

I want to change the colour of the dropdown submenu in mySpace. I've changed most of the other colours on the page using profile 2.0, but I can't get to that submenu .. nor have I seen anyone else on myspace who's been able to do it.

Thanks ever so much!
    Joukk

Status

Re: submenu

i have that code somewhere,
    but it worked with the original drop down menu they made,
    it's pretty much the same, just some more features added, so i'll have to see if it still works (if they didn't change the names of the sections in their coding)
    i should have time this weekend to work on it,
    i only have a 5 page paper final draft due next week, but other than that and programming my friends counterstrike server i should have some free time. if i do i'll be on here answering some questions that i have been meaning to do for a while now.

so check back through the weekend,
    i should let you know if the code i have still works.

I'm not on much anymore,
    so please be patient myspace coders!

New User

Status

Thanks! If you don't have time and don't mind sending me the code, I can try checking that code myself. Have a great weekend!

Status

Sorry i forgot about this website for a while haha.
    I'll be home in about an hour, so i'll be online tonight to answer some questions that are still unanswered on this site.
    I'll post my original code once I find it,
    and then i'll see if it's still working (basically see if myspace changed anything with their coding for the drop down menu) and then I will let you know if its any different than the coding I have.
    If you can even follow what I'm saying,
    I'm a little brain dead from school.

I'm not on much anymore,

Status

sorry it took me so long.
    i've been getting alot of homework from my classes.
    =========
    Code to Style Top Menu
    If you first apply the block I have below, you will clearly see where each color/style gets set.
    Then you can look at the color/style, and determine exactly what to change.
    i.e. if you see PINK, and you know that everything PINK you want GREEN, change PINK to GREEN.
    etc ...

You can place this code into the about me, meet, or interests section.

----
    <a class=i href="xiii.us/ms/ad-search-menu">myspace style top area ad/search/menu</a><style>.i {display:none}{! color top menu !}div.profileWidth table td, i i i.x {background-color:black !important;}{! color search area and behind ad different than top menu !}div.profileWidth div {background-colorink !important}{! color link font in top menu !}div.profileWidth div ul li a {font-family:comic sans ms; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; colorink !important}{! link hover color !}div.profileWidth div ul li a:hover {color:hotpink !important; background-color:green !important; display:block}{! remove shadow in google search area !}div.profileWidth div.clearfix, .i i i {background-image:none !important;}</style><i class=i>!!! End Code to Style Top Ad/Search/Menu !!!</i>

------
    Of course, you can change the style attribute values (such as color, font size, font weight, font family) to the values of your choice.

Here is another solution which also colors the little down arrows:

<a class="i" href="xiii.us/ms/ad-search-menu">myspace top menu navbar change link color (text and arrows)</a><style>.i {display:none;}div.profileWidth table td ul *,div.clearfix i i i {color:yellow !important font-family:comic sans ms !important; font-size:18px !important; font-weight:bold !important}</style><i class="i">End Code to color links in top menu</i>

Code can go at the very top or very bottom of the about or meet sections.

If you want the down arrows a different color, than the text, see the code at the bottom of this article.

theres tons of mods related to this here at this site also:
    http://views-under-construction.blogspot.com/2007/03/myspace-navigationbar-top-menu-style.html#StyleTopMenu

I'm not on much anymore,