37 users online (1 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. Split categories in half.    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. [split] PHP upload script.    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Question User Adjustable Split Screen

Hi All,

Can anyone help me on how to implement user adjustable vertical scroll bar, one that functions same as split screen in excel.

Appreciate quick response!

Status

Re: User Adjustable Split Screen

Without more information on the actual functionality of what you are looking for, I can only guess. But you are going to need to use JS/Ajax for this. Something that would probably help would be the Yahoo YUI. Specifically, this

New User

Status

Smile Re: User Adjustable Split Screen

Thanks for your response.
    The actual problem i'm facing is, I have a very wide screen with around 30 columns, and i want implement a vertical movable scroll bar at any of the columns so that the user can move back and forth without loosing the data viewing in first columns.
    I'm expecting for any code in JS/HTML.

Thanks
    Sandhya

Status

Let me make sure I understand then. You are wanting to have 30 columns, but have the user be able to view the first and last column at the same time?

New User

Status

I will be clear now.
    I have a screen with 30 columns in it, so when the user scrolls to the right end he cant view the data in any of the first columns so he again needs to move to left and make sure of the data.
    I want to make it easy for users by creating a vertical scroll bar in middle of the screen so they cam move it back and forth.
    I guess it works same as the example that you sent me(in my case it is columns) I will try to work on it. But, if you get any thing good that would be appreciated.

Status

My confusion is in your statement that you want a vertical scrollbar. What do you want to have happen when the vertical scrollbar is moved back and forth? Or would it be ok to have a horizontal scrollbar? Do they have to see coilumns 1 and 30 at the same time or can they just scroll back to column in order to reference it?

New User

Status

they don't need to see all 30 columns at same time
    horizontal scroll bar is in no way useful.

suppose we create a vertical scroll bar at column 15 and when they move horizontal scroll bar to right, only the screen on right should move keeping the columns on left of the bar constant.
    It works in the same way as the example that you have sent me in your first post, except in my case it is columns.
    SORRY to confuse you. I'm just eager to solve this issue.

Status

Sorry I am having such a difficult time wrapping my head around this.

From what I am understanding, the difficulty is that you will need two instances of the same table. That way one can show column 1 (or 5 or 8 or ...) while the other shows column 30 (or 25 or 8 or ...). I am not sure how to do this on a website. Will have to do some looking on how to mirror two tables.

New User

Status

Hey, I guess you are thinking too much into this.
    It is just simply to insert a moving vertical scroll bar.
    I'm really very sorry to confuse you so much.
    I'm very much excited to finish this project as everything worked fine and i'm waiting only for this small issue to get fixed and in full excitement i'm confusing you.
    Anyways i got another option to solve this isuue - to include lock feature i.e user can lock a column and scroll.
    Many thanks for your replies.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

It almost sounds like you just want basic HTML Frames
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Nopes, it is not html frames.
    May be using some CSS properties we can do this.

Status

The problem isn't that we are thinking to much. The problem is that you aren't thinking enough. You are asking for some pretty complicated functionality. Even though it looks simple, the code to make it work is not.

To my knowledge, this is not possible via pure CSS. This will HAVE to be done via Ajax/JS. Styling can be done via CSS though.

Try here. I can't link directly to the sample, but in the tree on the left, choose dhtmlxGrid -> Frozen Columns -> Grid in split mode. I realize that you cannot move the split line, but there may be a way for you to allow that to be dynamically set (similar to the Select Line option). Is that what you are looking for? Or have I at least got you headed in the right direction?

New User

Status

Hey Thanks. This is what I want.