33 users online (1 members and 32 guests)  

New User

Status

Help with Livehandshake.com

HI all..I am trying to promote my latest site, called Livehandshake.com . I have basically no money for marketing. Any ideas how I can get this off the ground?

Status
    You've made a good start by posting your link here.

Get more links from related websites and when the spiders start to crawl they will follow those links straight to you..

It takes a long time to get noticed for some and quicker for others. I suppose it is related to the links they have to well positioned sites.

Be SURE you are not spamming, no cloaking, hidden text and links or keyword stuffing. I would stay completely away from anything that may seem remotely like spam....be a shame to get noticed and banned in the same month.

Put in good navigation links on EVERY page plus a site map to insure the 'bot can go through your entire site.

Also make doubly sure you have a robots.txt file as without it some 'bots won't stay and play....validate it to be sure it is correct!

With each new page target a new keyword or phrase so all your serps are not in one place and people can find your other pages on different searchs.

That's about all I can suggest but if you work on these you will be putting in a lot of late nights and even some all nighters

Hope I hit the high points and something here can help you. it's not just getting noticed it is getting up where the searchers can find you.

Oh, and last but NOT least, get it into the DMOZ directory as quickly as possible...everything will spread from there....remember 0 spam and you will make it.

Ann/nitewing
    Ann/nitewing

Status
    Oh yes,

Be sure you do not link to link farms are any zeus type pages.

Bad neighborhoods will play havoc with your ranking.

If this is a flash site best to do some more reading as the 'bots can't read or index flash.
    Last edited by nitewing; 11-07-2002 at 12:47 AM.
    Ann/nitewing