39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. DNS Settings for Internet and Intranet    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Replies: 0
  4. Replies: 1
  5. How does the client user access my intranet website    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Unhappy how to upload my pages for intranet

I just started designing my own web pages, I mean a true amateur. I know an intranet is not the same as the internet but pretty much the same concepts. How(where) do I post my pages in order for the rest of my company to see and or use. It's just a couple of weekly work schedules but I'm not sure how to make them available for other users. Can anyone help me?

Administrator

Status
    Hi there.

I can try, but obviously I do not know how your intranet is setup.

Do you know what operating system it uses? Do you have an ftp (file transfer protocol) login and password for it? Is it avaialable in Network Neighbourhood?

Probably your best bet would be to speak to the server admin for your company. He will have all the above info.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Thanks for your reply QuietDean. My server is running Win NT4.0, workstations are Win 98. Not sure what an ftp login is. The server is available in Network Neighborhood. I don't currently have an intranet running. Like I posted earlier. It doesn't or probably won't be anything elaborate, just a way for everyone to check their schedules. Thanks for any input you can give.

Administrator

Status
    Okeydoke.

You will need some server software on that thing. Have a look at http://microsoft.com/ and search for IIS. Its the MS server software, and is (relatively) easy to setup. It comes with pretty good install instructions.

You will probably also need some rudimentary DNS software, or you can probably get away with a Netbieu name for windows. Its all in IIS, let us know how you get on!
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Thanks for all the info QuietDean. You've been more than helpful.