46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Thread: Php

New User

Status

Angry Php

I am needing to use php and mySQL i am told anyways I am trying to make it so my website veiwers can log into an account and edit stuff like this website for example... I Can get the Php script self but i dont know how to use it... like i put it in notepad then save as blah.php and it doesnt work so i googled it and downloaded php 5.2 and dont understand what to do with that either...

Status

Re: Php

If you are wanting to do this on your local computer, you will need to install Apache, MySQL, and PHP. There are programs out there that will take care of the nittygritty themselves (Xampp and Apache2triad are two I have worked with). Understand though that the sites you create will only be available on your computer.

The other option you have is to purchase web hosting and a domain name from a company like GKG. The advantage to this is that they will already have all the software you need to create a website set up and ready to go for your use.

When creating a site, the first thing you need to figure out is what you want the site to do. Then determine if there is software out there that already does what you are looking for. So my first question (after you figure out where you want the site running for now) is what is the purpose of the site?

New User

Status

Well I already have A Domain And It is already being hosted! And I am downloading Apache2triad and have no idea what to do when im done with it... My domain is bloodlineshq.com Already have alot on it..
    Last edited by HTML; 03-08-2012 at 11:43 AM.

New User

Status

okay its downloaded now i dont know what to do with it all..

New User

Status

Okay i figured out how to get php on my website now i need to learn how to use SQL for the database....

Status

I am glad you were able to get a PHP script working. The only reason you would have needed to download either program I mentioned earlier is if you wanted to use YOUR computer INSTEAD of the hosting provider as your server. Same with downloading PHP itself. Your host already has all that stuff installed and going.

The best way to learn is to do. And the best place I have found to learn anything having to do with a web-based language is w3schools. Go through the tutorials for MySQL and for PHP there.

And since you have a web host, DON'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH THE TUTORIALS FIRST!

New User

Status

Hi,

Now, I'm learning php, which website is best for learning php? Can anyone suggest me?

Thanks in advance!
    Jessica Danial
    Website Design Services

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HTML View Post
    Amen.

New User

Status

yes, but what is reason for it?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Jessica Danial
    Website Design Services
    scary
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jessicasamuel View Post
    It is the complete users manual for PHP complete with user comments and suggestions. If you had actually gone to the site, you would have noticed that.