51 users online (1 members and 50 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Inherited formmail.pl and Front Page errors    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. Front Page Form Mailer Issues....    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. MS front page isn't that bad.    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 5
  5. Front Page/Powerpoint?    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Microsoft Front Page

I am looking to upgrade from my freeware editor (Html-Kit) to something more professional. I am leaning towards Microsoft FrontPage but I'm not sure if its the best or just the most popular. So Im looking for any opinions on Front Page or any other editor.

Administrator

Status
    Personally, I am not a fan of frontpage. Horrible code, it makes.

Are you after WYSIWYG editor? Or just a good text editor?

The only WYSIWYG editor I ever recommend in Macromedias DreamWeaver ( www.macromedia.com ). Its expensive, but you can try a trial before you buy. Chance are, you will fall in love with it

For a text editor, I use either textpad ( www.textpad.com ) or vim ( www.vim.org ) excusively. Great editors.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    I am not trying too push it and get no commission or anything for doing so...

There is something called CoffeeCup HTML Editor that I have been very happy with. I always listen to Dean and suddenly feel weird that I am offering a different opinion. Anyway, I do like the CoffeeCup - it color codes the HTML, has some shortcuts that can kind of be helpful - just an opinion.

Status
    PS

I can't stand FrontPage - the code is very hard to follow. I prefer writing me own because when I am done, I know where every single link is and what it is named, I know every tag, everything. Front adds too much junk to the code.

New User

Status
    I also prefer to write my own, well I say that but truth being I just recently got the html editor and before I was using notepad. But anyway, thank you both, I will look into Coffeecup and dreamweaver see which one would work for me.
    So again thank you both, hopefully sometime in the near future I will have my site up and running and I won't have to ask so many questions.

Status

Before you throw out HTML Kit

Not sure which ver you have, but I am in love with HTML Kit. Dreamweaver MX is also very nice, but I find myself using HTML Kit and Crimson editor usually. Frontpage teaches some very bad coding habits. BTW, many "professionals" use basic code editors.