55 users online (0 members and 55 guests)  

Related

1. Copyright Issue (Please Help)    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 0
  2. footnote-like pop-up messages    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Question copyright footnote for website

I'm new to web authoring. I have a site up now, that does not recieve profit as of yet, when it does, what all do i need to do to be legal (buisiness license, form a company, etc). Also, as of right now, since i have no "formal" company set up, do i put my name in the copyright footnote at the bottom of the site, or do i use the site name?

Status
    Whatever you place there is protected only to the extant you can afford to hire attorneys or spend your own time and energy to defend your rights.

It's more important to register a business (trade) name with the Secretary of State (usually for 10 year increments) or other such licensing authority applicable in each and every state in which you intend to do business. Otherwise, you could create the demand and someone else could license the name and take all such Goodwill away from you.

Status
    Your website is auromatically your property when you put it up. Keep original copies that show creation date in properties of each page, and you are covered if some one rips off your site.

Ann
    Ann/nitewing