50 users online (1 members and 49 guests)  

Evil twin of Dave

Status

What's going on here!??!?!

My last Hard Drive hit the fan on me and I had to buy a new one etc. etc. and reinstall Windows etc. Now whenever i visit my website and i get to the pop-up part....i know people don't liek it.......we're working on it......but it pops up full screen even though it's not supposed to. (www.colorconceptsdesign.com) It pops up showing the relevant content in the top left and the rest is just the default background color of the website filling the whole screen....ii can't even see the start menu etc. Is this a javascript problem? It only happens to my computer....i tried at school on the new Dells that they installed...worked fine. This also happens w/ Flash movies.......if i resize the window it transforms the flash movie and distorts it......help!!!! Can i redownload Internet Explorer? if so where?

-Dave
    Last edited by Mr. Blue; 10-30-2002 at 09:25 PM.

Administrator

Status
    Three options -

Repair Internet Explorer - Do this in Control Panel, Add/remove programs, then try and remove IE. It will give you a prompt to repair it.

Download IE/patch - do this at www.microsoft.com

Get a better browser - do this at www.mozilla.org
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    I went to control panel (I'm running Windows XP Home) and I did Add/Remove Windows Components, because it wasn't listed in the normal window w/ the rest of my progs. but the only option was to remove it from my desktop and start menu.....can anyone help here? I really would like to fix this w/o changing my browser. Thx in advance.

Administrator

Status
    Ah, in win98 you can repair IE. Dunno about XP.

Try looking around in the Tools and Help menu of IE for a repair option. Also, try downloading the service packs from microsoft and see if that helps.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    I always keep it up Windows up to date and get the newest drivers for my hardware so that's not an issue. Are you saying I should redownload the service packs? No one else has any clue how to uninstall or repair IE in XP Home?

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    :: CHIRP CHIRP ::

Administrator

Status
    At this stage, your best bet is probably the knowledge base @ www.microsoft.com

Status
    what version of IE do you have?

Ann
    Ann/nitewing

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    I have according to my Help > About Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp1...... so I'm running Service Pack 1 under XP Home.

Status
    I use the same ie but I have windows millenium,

If you can't get some help in your help section on the computer I would suggest either uninstalling ie and reinstalling or simply installing a new copy over the one you have.

Don't use the one on your disk. That may be corrupt.

You might want to install bho cop to see if you've picked up any plug ins in your browser and adaware from lavasoft.de to catch spyware that could be goofing around with your system.

Running Norton to detect a virus might also be enlightning...you can find online virus checkers if you don't have one.

Good luck,

nitewing
    Last edited by nitewing; 11-16-2002 at 12:54 PM.
    Ann/nitewing