41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Thread: Printed coupons

Related

1. Coupons NYC    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Printed coupons

I am developing an electronic catalog for a client. They would like to include coupons but restrict use to one per customer. I am looking
    for a method that would ensure that a duplicated copy would be obvious to sales personnel. I can control the number of coupons a customer can print but need to control copying after a coupon is printed. Anyone know of a method that would work, such as a watermark or other mark that could not be duplicated?

Status
    Tie it to an email address - most people only have one of those. Then, you can also use it to build a "direct mailing" list for future promotions.

(Those with hundreds of emailing addresses, like us webmasters and others with only a few may become repeat customers. Put a limit of one coupon per customer per month, quarter or year, if the discounts cut into profits too much.)

New User

Status

Printing coupons

Thanks for the reply Benzden. I can control the number of downloads, I will have a membership database but I need to control the duplication of the printed document by a mark of some kind.

Status
    First of all, if you are not controlling the printing at your end on your own printer, then there's no way you're going to be able to create something that can't be duplicated at the user's end - think about it.

Secondly, why waste all the time and resources controlling something that will tend to discourage people from using the service - you're worried about having too many customers?!

Or, is all this for something other than what has been indicated in previous posts?!