38 users online (0 members and 38 guests)  

Related

1. Some advice needed please...    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 9
  2. Hope to get your advice-HTML    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Need advice on how to get traffic to my website    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Exclamation Advice needed on how to progress html website

Hi All,

I am stuck with a bit of an issue,

I am creating a type of 'questionnaire' made up for about 10 pages, and about 10 questions on each page.

We want the results to be produced on a final page, and also stored somewhere for later review.

All i want is some advice on how i would go about posting/retreiving this data...can i do it using php...or another language...would I be best using a webserver? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Status

Re: Advice needed on how to progress html website

The options you have are the following:

JavaScript
    PHP
    ASP

Both PHP and ASP require a web server to run. In my opinion, that would be the best and easiest way to go.

I believe it can be done using JavaScript in which case you do not necessarily need a web server.

I do also recommend using a web server no matter what scripting language you use as it will make distribution of the questionnaire much easier.

New User

Status

To retrieve the data that you need, you may use cookies, url rewritting and preserving the sessions.

You could achieve this programatically through web programming languages. If you only have 10 page site, best to use php and asp

New User

Status

I think it would be best to get a php script or other script written for such a task,
    you may be able to modify some freely available, not sure but i'm no expert in the matter.