48 users online (1 members and 47 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 15
  2. site redesign... thoughts?    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 3

Status

Begging for input on redesign

Hey:

After getting feedback from some people here , I have finally managed to begin to redesign a web site - www.unityomaha.org/test.html is the new home page and www.unityomaha.org is what it looked like before.

I am making, if lucky, about .50 cents an hour on this - I point this out to say that I am not trying to solicite free advice so that I can profit. I probably have a ways to go before I can actually charge for web design.

My only goal is to make sure this place has a good web site.

I know one thing that is questionable is the fact that I have used a DHTML menu and I understand that search engines cannot spider them. However, I could not think of any other way to have the number of sub menus I have without this menu.

Thanks for any input....

Springo

Status
    Minimize the words in the menus.

Eliminate the redundant [b]events[/b] after October, etc.

Beliefs, Foundations, History could suffice.

Why not show the email address and telephone number as CLICKABLE URLs in the [b]contact us[/b] menu?! (Don't make the user click to just go to another page to get them.)

etc.

The new one looks better with the menu in the upper portion.

Status
    I get the email part, but how could you make a phone number a clickable url? Like the idea of shortening the words in the menus - thanks.

Status
    Do the same as with [b]foundations[/b] except that it will go to the more comprehensive "contact us" page and the actual telephone number replaces the word [b]foundations[/b] - think outside the box.

New User

Status
    It's good thing that you have removed the java applets!

I think you could get a nicer structure if you put the logo in an own column and let the text column be narrower. Then you could put "Add Unity Church of Omaha to your favorites!" and "Recent Site Updates:" section below the logo on the right side....