50 users online (2 members and 48 guests)  

Thread: Link exchange

Related

1. Replies: 6
    New User

Status

Angry Link exchange

I am new member i want to know how to exchange link with other webmasters of high page ranked sites.Page rank of my site is zero

New User

Status

Re: Link exchange

Link exchanging is very good technique to increase page rank..
    Contact someone who is doing link exchange and ask him to exchange link...

New User

Status

The best way to directly exchange links is by visiting sites similar to yours in size, scope, and topic; and then contact them asking about link sharing. It will probably be easier to get smaller sites to link to you than larger ones for right now since you are new, and I would recommend starting small and going for bigger sites as your own grows anyway. Similar new sites will usually be very happy to participate in some mutual backscratching, whereas bigger sites are very likely to blow you off unless you have some previous relationship with them in some way.

If you come across poorly by asking to swap links with an overly powerful site when you have a zero pagerank, it may hurt your chances of linking with them after you have grown if they remember it and retain a bad impression of you and your site. I would not advise using your only chance to make your first impression on any site that really matters until you are sure it is going to be a good impression. They may check your site out once, and then upon revisiting it later may not take the time to see that it has grown or improved; and may just think "Oh yeah, I remember this site" and not bother checking it out again.

Keep in mind when asking for link sharing that you don't have to have an awesome pagerank to get started, but having a zero is definately not a good thing when bargaining. Having a zero rating can mean that you have been penalized by Google in some way for bad practices, and many sites may not want to work with you. If you could just manage to get your page rank up to a one, you would have a much better chance of swapping links with another site.

You should definately look around on forums, etc to see if any people with similar content are looking for someone to share links with. When you post about it, be sure to indicate what kind of site you are wanting to build links on. For example: I myself have a new blog that I am actively working on building links for; but from reading your post I have no idea if your site might be a good fit to trade links with or not. Posting what type of site you are wanting to swap links for will vastly increase your chances of sucess.

A wonderful way to accumulate a lot of good backlinks right away is to register for as many directory sites for your blog or website as possible. Directories usually have pretty good page ranks, and their purpose is to link to other sites; which makes these backlinks really quick and easy to get. There are tons of directories, and a good number of them are free to use.

removed

I would also recommend using all of the other major social bookmarking sites to bookmark all of your posts or articles. Just make sure that you bookmark plenty of other good quality content that you enjoy or find useful and not just your own, or it makes you look very bad.

Once you have used the directories and social bookmarking sites to give yourself an initial boost, you should hopefully no longer have a zero pagerank. You will not have become an internet giant, but it will at least allow you to come to the link-sharing table with some bargaining chips
    Last edited by HTML; 08-31-2009 at 07:48 AM.

New User

Status

What is topics of your webiste.. is it related to ppc tools?

New User

Status

Thumbs up Re: Link exchange

Ework makes a great point. I was trying to link swap for a long time on my flash game site and eventually gave up because none of the even semi-popular sites were interested. Plus I kept running into other sites that required a minimum page rank. This can all be very frustrating.

spam removed
    Last edited by HTML; 09-02-2009 at 08:45 PM.

New User

Status

Is Link Exchange still important to improve web site rank as, now i mostly see that people prefer one way link instead of Link exchange

New User

Status

Some guys say contact the webmaster. Yeah thatís great if you can find them. Realistically, what you are doing in this forum , is the beginning of link sharing. Make sure to display your link where they allow you to. Imagine finding other high ranking forums and doing the same thing. You will naturally establish a networks of high ranking links.

New User

Status

Unhappy Re: Link exchange

Paperkool, what you are suggesting is usually considered link spamming. You should only post links to forums if the site the link goes to is 100% relevant to the topic at hand, and adds value to the discussion. Otherwise, you are giving yourself a really bad image. Others do notice and remember sites that link-spam, and it can cost you more than it helps you in the long run. There are plenty of places where promotional backlinking is allowed, but forums are not generally among that list. Also, many blogs and forums have a "no follow" link attribute, which means that any links posted there are informational only, and do not affect your pagerank.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ework411 View Post
    Paperkool, what you are suggesting is usually considered link spamming. You should only post links to forums if the site the link goes to is 100% relevant to the topic at hand, and adds value to the discussion. Otherwise, you are giving yourself a really bad image. Others do notice and remember sites that link-spam, and it can cost you more than it helps you in the long run. There are plenty of places where promotional backlinking is allowed, but forums are not generally among that list. Also, many blogs and forums have a "no follow" link attribute, which means that any links posted there are informational only, and do not affect your pagerank.
    Ework411 I distictly wrote "link where allowed." Now you want to accuse me of spamming. Thou eth hath not perceived truth in script. Please drink another cup of coffee (or tea) and re - read the text. “Beware of the accuser (scripter even).” You have accused me of suggesting to spam, when I distinctly wrote “link when allowed.” You wrote an attempt to discourage the poster. Such sin may be forgivable for you.
    There are forums that allow links. There are a lot of forums that allow it. Your input about "no follow" link attribute is valid in certain places, however there are enough places that signature links can make an affect. Understand of course, it is only a portion of creating a higher rank. It would have been better, if you contributed positive solutions rather then merely attempt to disprove what I or any other commenter writes.
    Last edited by paperkool; 10-25-2009 at 08:46 AM.

New User

Status

Papercool,

I also distinctly wrote "usually". Most people that post links in blogs and forums do not do so appropriately, and linkspam. I never said that you personally did this, and I accused you of nothing. I just don't think it is a good idea to encourage people to post a bunch of links into forums without specifying the right ways to do it, and not to just stick random links all over the place. There are people out there who will read your post, and not knowing any better, may think that this is what they should begin doing.

New User

Status

U shud just exchange the links with those web who are related with ur niche