22 users online (0 members and 22 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 2
  2. Replies: 1
  3. Use VB generated date in Perl??    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. Find File On Local Hard Drive    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 4

Status

Find the file a page is generated from

Hi,

I have a page on my site (which is built using joomla), which does not operate correctly.

The issue is complicated to explain, and I reckon I should be able to figure it out on my own. If only I could find the php file that the page is being built from...

It's part of a component I installed, which contains over 300 files. I've obviously already looked in the logical places for it, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to work backwards from the page in the browser to work out where the original php file is located.

Thanks,
    Tom

Status

Re: Find the file a page is generated from

I am not too familiar with Joomla, but typically the way CMS's work is that you work backwards starting with the template. Look in the template for what is around what you are looking for, and then look at what calls it. Follow the functions and other calls, and you can get it figured out. Think of it as following breadcrumbs.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Status

Hi,

Thanks for helping

In Joomla, using the page template doesn't usually help much because the 'components', (or 'modules' etc), are loaded into the template dynamically using a marker. Within that marker, any one of a number of pages from within that component could be loaded.

Your input still helped though, it got me out of the rut of overthinking everything. I went back to basics and used firebug to find out the url of a page that was being loaded in using an iframe. I then just used the url itself to figure out what was going on.

The problem itself is not solved yet, as I've not had time to look into it. At least I've found the file and can start working on it though.

Thanks

Status

Glad to hear you have been able to move forward on this. Let us know if we can help further.