43 users online (1 members and 42 guests)  

Related

1. Create a Search Engine    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. New Free Search Engine.    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. search engine that pay    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

how to create a search engine

recently i have been doing an nvq on web design the course is pretty helpful however the level of learning is limited so what i would like to know is can anyone send me information on web sites or tutorials on a step by step process of creating or placing the actual search engine on my web site the data bases required i beleive are only a simple case of links.

kevin foster

New User

Status

Re: how to create a search engine

CMS usually have a search feature built in. A blog is a good example of a cms. However if your site is a collection of pages on a server,then you might hire someone to write a simple server side script to help you. Try elance or rentacoder for some experts at great prices. Just be sure to describe your project and the results you want in as much detail as possible, because you'll probably get exactly what you ask for, so don't be vague.

New User

Status

I think building search engine is a difficult task for me. You first study what google and other search engine did before you built a search engine.

New User

Status

What do you think custom search engine that Google already provide to you, is there any thing you want more then what Google build for every publisher? I am not coder my self, If I like to get my own SE it seems better for me to buy Google search custom package $99 with my credit card

New User

Status

CMS (content management systems) generally have a search feature built in. A blog is a good demonstration of a cms.
    However if your site is a collection of pages on a server (with or without a database connection), then you might hire someone to compose a simple server side script to help you.

New User

Status

To study html at first. This is important for you.

Disabled

Status

Hi Guys,

I also want to know about how to built search engine.Thanks a lot for sharing.

Jim.

New User

Status

even I'm also interested in creating own search engine. I read some where that directories are also form of search engine is it true