39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. Confused with SEO    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 6
  2. Confused    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Terribly Confused about Different Hosting Providers

Hi,
    I recently had a simple site hosted at a place and the price I paid was $6.95 monthly. The storage space was 100MB. I cancelled it a few months ago because I took the site down and now when I go back to the same site because I'm interested in subscribing again, I see that for the same price, I can get 150 GB of storage.

Why the huge difference in the storage space in some providers? Some of them also say unlimited storage space, which I'm sure is an advertising ploy, but I wouldn't go over any limits they may have set on the supposed "unlimited" requirements anyway.

Why do some of the web hosting companies that this site recommends only have very small amounts of storage and data transfer when others have huge allowances for the same price or cheaper?

New User

Status

Re: Terribly Confused about Different Hosting Providers

There are HUGE differences between domain hosting companies - not just the specifics regarding the hosting package, but also the monthly prices.

Cheers, Hilander
    Last edited by HTML; 07-20-2009 at 08:36 PM.

New User

Status

The pricing and the features vary from hosting providers to providers. Providers that give you additional security and better service will obviously charge you more.
    Having said that I should also inform you that $6.95 for a 100MB space is a rip-off. the normal charge is about $4.00 for 10GB space.
    There are extremely good hosting providers that offer unlimited hosting and that is not a ploy at all. They indeed give you unlimited hosting space.

New User

Status

Some of the hosting providers who say they provide unlimited hosting are not just for advertising. Actually they know that for hosting a website a very little space is required. So if you seem to find a hosting provider with unlimited space. There is no problem joining their service. But you must read their terms of service or live chat with a sales assistant to get the details. It is written in their TOS That if your website takes too much of their space then your account will be suspended.

New User

Status

Price is definitely a concern but other factors like up time, help and support, etc must be taken under consideration while choosing a hosting provider.

New User

Status

You can get host with different amount of storage at the same price because there is more to hosting than just the size of disk. Don't go for a host simply because their storage is very high, afterall you might never get to use up the space, instead consider every factor that will make your website run at its'uptimum.

New User

Status

This is digging up an older thread, but I have some of the same questions on what kind of hosting to use. I think I've narrowed down that I want to use Linux hosting, but now I see people are talking about cloud hosting and I have no idea if that is good or bad. Have any of you heard of it, or have any of you used it?

I want to set up a site using WordPress and a forum script, possibly Invision Power Board. What kind of host is best for me?
    Last edited by HTML; 09-06-2010 at 08:02 AM.

New User

Status

Also many web hosting companies provide you many choices and you may get confused. With just a proper planning and thorough research on internet, you will be able to find the best package for your personal or business website hosting.