69 users online (0 members and 69 guests)  

Thread: Hey, I made it!

Related

1. i just made my first website need help    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 6
  2. Website Designing made easy    Forum: Archive
    Replies: 1
    Administrator

Status

Hey, I made it!

Guys!

I (for the moment) am ranked first on google.com for the search-string css tutorials for beginners which is my target audience so I am very happy,

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=css+tutorials+for+beginners

My only problem is, I have no idea how I got there.lol.

I have a few keywords, my page titles are all containing keywords, most of my images have keyword alts.

The main difference is that I think the links from ahfb2000.com have made all the difference. Does anyone have some more knowledge on how this kind of referal thing works? I know google counts links, but thats about it
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Actually the links in the forums may have helped, so the more posts the better . The links up top under "partners does not count as of yet, it is served thru JS, google does not read JS links. I will be working on it, as well as adding a link in the main menu for CSS which will link to you.

Keep in mind when exchanging links, the absolute best are ones which have your keyphrase in it.

For example links to ahfb2000.com that actually say ahfb2000.com do not do a whole lot for my ranking in HTML, they do great for the search phrase ahfb2000.com.

I was going to link to you with "CSS Tutorials" but I will check with wordtracker to see what is words get the most searches and choose the exact phrase that way.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    It would also help more if the search phrase is the TITLE of the page, so I will let you know what I find out. I told you once before that I wanted to help you get the traffic, using this thread and your page as an example could be a great way for us to help others and maybe get them enthused to working on thier rankings.

Of course if they are working on a webmaster site like us they will soon see they are in an EXTREMELY competitive market, and not very profitable.

Administrator

Status

Dean and I will be working on this site through the thread Search engine optimization.

I ask that you all join us as we work not only to improve his rankings, but give the needed information for ANYBODY who is interested in drawing the maximum number of visitors to your site.

Dave

Status
    Google is dancing....anyone seeing improvements?

Nitewing
    Ann/nitewing

Administrator

Status

Looks like some more inbound links got picked up, or their PR jumped to above 3 so that they now count. Now it is just a waiting game for it to settle and see where everything sits in the results.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    The more people who link to your site from theirs, especially those already spidered by Google, the faster one may move to the top of their seach index - I think -- all this spidering and ranking and indexing being unwitnessed by me. (Your site is referenced at a couple of mine - the latest inside a JavaScript included file -- something I'm not sure is being spidered at all, but who knows? If anyone's going to do it, Google probably will before the others.)

(My very first and only check from anything related to the internet was from Google for hits off my http://search.jamrent.com site when they first got going a couple years back.)