38 users online (0 members and 38 guests)  

Related

1. How many drive traffic via MySpace?    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Drive Traffic To Your Site

I'm Glen Jon the author of the following and thought I'd post this article, all though it has been published many times before on other sites.

There is no easy way out. If you don't want to spend any money online advertising, your alternative is to spend time with free ads. Either you spend money or spend time. I find it better when I don't have to spend money. Some folk think that spending money is better, however what happens to most folk who spend money is pathetic. They usually never make a profit. I regret to say this, but it is the stark internet truth of today. Of course there are the skilled few that out smart "the world of pay per click and news paper ads." The bare fact remains that the vast majority of people spending money on advertising usually go in a hole online.

The cost of everything now days is disproportionate to the actual average income. Why spend money on advertising only to break even or lose your shirt. Believe me it hurts when you lose your shirt. An actual 3% return is only reflected in 3% of who you reach. Setting up PPC (paid per click) ads only guarantees that someone will click and you have to pay. The people that click may or may not sign up for your list. The infamous 3% is merely a representation of people that actually got to read your sales material.

First you must get someone to click your PPC ad, then you must get someone to submit their email address, afterwards you must get the prospect to confirm. Then they may see your email that could get lost in a spam filter. Hence you have a scenario like sperm fertilizing an ovary. Only a very small percentage reach and make contact. Maybe not as difficult, but the picture is more like .001 percent of every click becomes a sale. Yeah that's right. don't let these so-called gurus fool you. No matter how intriguing you think your sales material is, today you can still lose your shirt on paid ads. This is why I promote free advertising.

Free advertising cost you nothing but time. You automatically make a profit upon any sale because of the fact that you spend no money.

The main thing you must control in free advertising is tracking. If you don't track, you have no way of knowing where to accentuate your effort. You don't want to waste time advertising something somewhere that bares no fruit. Tracking allows you to see exactly what is working and when it works. This way, you can "make the most of your time."

New User

Status

Re: Drive Traffic To Your Site

Thanks for sharing such a useful article i will definitely work on it

New User

Status

This - "Some folk think that spending money is better, however what happens to most folk who spend money is pathetic. They usually never make a profit." - just not true and unfortunately I you are standing against something very important the nature of e-commerce. If anyone dod not spend money in advertising there would not be quality media.

The only suggestion to make would be not to post this on your website. You wouldn't get an advertiser.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by fcolor View Post
    This - "Some folk think that spending money is better, however what happens to most folk who spend money is pathetic. They usually never make a profit." - just not true and unfortunately I you are standing against something very important the nature of e-commerce. If anyone dod not spend money in advertising there would not be quality media.

The only suggestion to make would be not to post this on your website. You wouldn't get an advertiser.
    Unfortunately, YOU MISSED MY POINT. My issue is not that you shouldn’t spend money on advertising. My issue is that PPC is presently over priced and the average person can not make a profit with it. No matter how you try to butter it up, put sugar on it, use less competitive words, the end results show no profit. This is the unfortunate evolution of the web. Things are changing rapidly. Please study more. Instead of criticizing your ethics, I challenge you to show me where the profit is in PPC.

New User

Status

i wanted help regarding press releases.can u plz tell me a bit abt that,about how to do it??
    Last edited by HTML; 11-17-2009 at 05:32 PM.

New User

Status

PPC is like gambling...Its hard to compete for newbies. You may loss money. However thanks for nice articles..
    Last edited by HTML; 12-30-2009 at 01:00 PM.

New User

Status

The best way is to obtain free advertisements to your page.

a great free way of doing this is via clicking on other peoples websites and afterward they click on your website, its that easy!

New User

Status

I agree with terms free advertising above.however, although it cost no money , free advertising require passion, creativity and patient, I know PPC is not effective, my advice to make taffic fast unless PPC is PPV, many people consider this much more cheaper and I think no one deny how effective it is

New User

Status

A successful plan to drive traffic will encompass many different angles. If you are planning to drive traffic to a business related site, remember that it will take time. Unless you have a very large budget it is impossible to drive traffic over night and even if you did this traffic would not be sustainable.

New User

Status

Smile Re: Drive Traffic To Your Site

I'm searching for how to get the traffic on my own...How do I get traffic to my site(www.americaswebmall.com/tchristian)...w/out paying?

Disabled

Status

It's a Great Info!

New User

Status

First thing I'd suggest is that you AT LEAST buy a domain name that masks your affiliate site.

Most people won't visit your "shopping mall" in the first place. the vast majority of people are online searching for information about things - not looking to buy immediately (in most cases).

They do buy, however most of the money is spent with people they like and trust.

When you ask me to visit your http://americasmall/you -- it's not going to happen.

If, however, I was reading about an interesting product (that I was searching for) in an article or blog post you wrote and you linked me to http://yourdomain.com (which points to the product in your mall) - then perhaps I'll click through and maybe even buy.

Just my thoughts - hope it helps!

Scott

New User

Status

Yes ,you are saying right that we should not spend money to advertise our website on internet because we can use other free ways to advertise our websites .If we want to save our money than should give short time to seek free sources for advertising .

New User

Status

I think in same cases it is good to spend money, not alot of money, but if you are starting a new website (depending on your niche) it can be a boost to get the site started