45 users online (0 members and 45 guests)  

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. Comments or Suggestions appreciated    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 2
  2. comments and suggestions please    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 2
  3. Critiques/Comments/Suggestions Please    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 5
  4. Replies: 16
  5. Comments and Suggestions Please    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 8
    Ugly Geezer

Status

[QUOTE]What do you find off topic in my post? [/QUOTE]

Nothing...I was referring to my own post which is more about pop-ups in general than pb's site.

[QUOTE]I was pointing out that I was not the only one who uses such software and webmasters whose usability depends on popups are losing many visitors who are not able to access his site.[/QUOTE]

I understood that. I was pointing out that by choosing to use such software users are also choosing to lock themselves out of potentially interesting/useful sources of information, frequently without even realising it. It isn't just web makers who make choices on the technology they will and won't allow.

[QUOTE]Yes< I agree with you that blocking ads is bad as I too am a publisher and some of my income is from displaying ads, BUT popups are not allowed on my website and there are a growing number of people who are going that route with their sites[/QUOTE]

At the same time a growing number of publishers are using techniques such as those on pb's site. I too won't place pop-ups on a site unless they are essential as they are for the site in my sig (to pop up the full size versions of the images). I don't mind visiting a site which, after several page views, pops up an ad which I might find relevant. I DO dislike sites which spawn ads as soon as you enter and then continue to do so on every page etc.

[QUOTE]....get caught in popup hell a few times and you too will start looking for surfing solutions! [/QUOTE]

Which is why, as I stated, I tried blockers. It's still simpler, and easier on a machine's resources, to choose not to revisit a site which spawns a gazillion pop-ups/unders as you enter/leave the site.

Have a good one yerself!
    Last edited by Mikailus; 12-05-2002 at 05:48 PM.

Status
    *G* Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!
    Ann/nitewing

Status
    ditto pass along the hugs to everyone you love (and even those who make themselves unlovable - maybe they'll convert) .

Tis the season ...

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2