40 users online (0 members and 40 guests)  

Thread: Domain names

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. Domain Names For Sale    Forum: Domain Name Sales
    Replies: 0
  2. Free Domain Names    Forum: Domain Name Sales
  3. A Few Domain Names For Sale!    Forum: Domain Name Sales
  4. 2 Domain Names For Sell    Forum: Domain Name Sales
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Domain names

I have finally seperated the domain sales pages to a whole new site. Opinions would be appreciated

[url]http://www.onestopdomains.com/[/url]

I am also working on [URL=http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmaster_help_desk/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=29]this[/URL] I will finish it tomorrow but you can get the idea.

Dave

Administrator

Status
    I like it! clean design.

I like the news feed and the integration with the existing forums, too.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    What do all the various domain name extensions stand for?

What are top level domain names and why?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Well mostofthe extensions are fairly obvious, biz =business, info= information, sr=senior, blah blah blah. If you have any specific extensions you are curious about let me know.

The second question, sounds a little deep maybe you can clarify what you are asking.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    sr=senior wasn't obvious to me!!! Neither are ws, nu, net (internet or network?), or cc.

When purchasing a domain name it is recommended that one "secure all top level domain entries while they are available." So, what are top level domain entries?

Administrator

Status

My keyboard(spacebar)is dying, I willbe back tonight

Status
    Example:

[b] www.yahoo.com[/b]

www is a 3rd level domain name

yahoo is a 2nd level domain name

com is the 1st or TOP level domain name.

They just want to get you to buy the 2nd level name for each of: com, net, org, biz, us and whatever else they're selling. I bought the com, net and org only for my famiy surname - the same would probably hold true for a "business" (money making) name.

Administrator

Status

Thanks benzden , I knew it was coming but did not know the keyboard would go that fast. Oh well, taken care of now.

Dave

Status
    de nada - that was significant information to me when discovered a couple years ago -- and logical when finally understood. Now, if I can just get HTML to behave the same way.

Ugly Geezer

Status
    I looked at 1stop and thought it was purty good...then it disappeared and was replaced by a construction page......

Administrator

Status

I moved the site to 100megswebhosting last night, this morning I chnaged the domain name servers. DNS will probably change today/night, though it is said to take 24-72 hrs.

Dave

edit: if you need in to an account or to set one up PM me and I will get you in now.

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Thanks...I have no pressing need right now but it's bookmarked.

While I'm here tho...I was bitten in the ass using a cheap host, what are 100Megs really like? Do they deliver what they promise?

I want to spread my own sites out and try a few different hosts with a view to using them for clients.

I'm sick of hosts that charge $20 - $40/month for basic (no ASP, PHP etc.) services but after losing money with one of the lesser known hosts I'm being cautious.

Administrator

Status

I came across 100megswebhosting, just surfing the net one night. I took alook around the site and decided to do more investigating before promoting them to users.

I talked to members here, searched the web and read posts at other forums. The picture that was painted was that of above average customer service.

I now have some personal experience to add to the above,I put them on the site as an advertiser, they also sponsored out contest of sept/oct which I am sure you remember. Enigma was the winner of the contest(her referals led to the most activity...she only has 1 referal so you can see anybody could win) After the contest was over I contacted 100megs and gave them Enigmas name, they said to have her contact them. Unfortunatly it did not go too smooth. Enigma did not get a reply, 100megs said they never got the mail this happened twice..then I realized why. All of my writtin communications had a ticket# like a trouble ticket, once I asked Enigma to include this in the subject field of her mail...BINGO, she was set up.

I purchased my hosting last night before bed, when I woke up this morning it was all set up. I think that is pretty good for a Sunday night.

I agree that ESPECIALLY on the net one should be overly cautious. There are four areas where you should tread gently, obviously hosting and domain names, but also advertisers as well as scripts.

Bottom line...just another opinion

Dave

Administrator

Status

[URL=http://www.onestopdomains.com/]One Stop Domains[/URL] is up over at 100 megs

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Any plans to register European or other foreign domains there in future (.co.uk etc.)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last