42 users online (1 members and 41 guests)  

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

****** web hosting

Has anybody had any experiences with ******.com?

Looking for anything positive or negative before putting them up as an advertiser.

regards,

Dave
    Last edited by HTML; 03-23-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Status
    This is all I could find on them:

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=87946&highlight=******

New User

Status
    Hmm, I am an ex-customer of them, I quit immediately within 15 days but they didn't allowed me to quite and decline to refund!

Even without a refund I have choose to quit as well without my money back! Their support are just too bad and they don't really care about their customers, they only care about $. And I hate it when their PHP still stick to old version 4.1.0! I told them to upgrade but they refuse to.

Here's an review on it http://www.10-cheapwebhosting.com/hosts/******.php

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Many hosts are still on the old version of PHP and it is quite understandable. For customers on shared servers this is especially common.

Lets say there are 30 people on a shared server, each running just one different script. With the new version of PHP, I would bet 3 -5 of those scripts would no longer function. Though simply not functioning can be bad news for those 3 -5 people, it does not scratch the surface. What if you were on the same server and the PHP upgrade did not render your script useless, you still have the other folks whose scripts not only did not work, but have now SHUT THE SERVER DOWN due to incompatible code.

I do appreciate the heads up, as it is I decided not to advertise for them. The decisiom was not based on any bad feelings about the company, it was more just a matter of sticking with 100megs whom I (also being a 100megs customer) am very comfortable with.

Regards

... and welcome to the forums

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    Well, for me, I need everything to be updated more often.

My host are preparing to update their php to 4.3.0 which make me so happy with them.

Most web host has 2 version of PHP installed, 1, PHP 3 and PHP 4. This solve the problem of people using PHP 3.

But for version 4, there are hosts still stick with 4.0.6. In PHP 4.1.0, there is a new feature calls the super global, which are something like $_POST and $_COOKIE ... while having a big chance, the php guys promise that their new php is backward compatible and will continue the support to old style Environment Variables - HTTP_*_*

I am use superglobals and I love them. I can't afford a host with only 4.0.6 installed! I have been argue with another web host guy before in a forum and they mention they have a few customers who ASK them not to upgrade the software! Huh, I told them it is backward compatible and he says I am stupid.

I don't think new customers would like to see an outdated software ... maybe this hosts feel enough with the # of current customers.

New User

Status
    Well according to http://www.upperhost.com/******_web_hosting_review.htm they seem to be good

New User

Status

Thumbs down ****** frauds

I signed up with them and immediately cancelled as their control panel was useless to me due to my firewall restrictions.

The 15 day money back guarantee is a **LIE**! Once signed up, you won't ever see your money back. Their support is also extremely poor. None of my 10 support requests was ever answered.

Stay away from ******!! And spread the word!!

Status
    If they don't honor their money back guarantee, contact your credit card company to do a chargeback.

Administrator

Status

I read on another forum that ****** web hosting are spammers, I doubted that this was true but could see that affiliates may be spamming them. In my naivity I stood up for them, later Chris from ****** confirmed that they buy email lists and usae them to attempt to pick up new customers.

Worse, on the same forums it appears that they registered psuedo users to discuss how "great" their services are and as "customers" how pleased they are. Chris was banned from the forums as were his other aliases. I emailed Chris one last time to give him the opportunity to confirm or deny that he registered as mulitiple users in an attempt to fool potential customers, he would neither confirm or deny. IMHO if it was untrue he would deny it, which he did not. I informed him I would be removing them from our directory, he begged me not to, but I will not promote this company regardless of the dollars I am giving up.

Upon furthur research I see that Chris as well as the ceo/president have ties to IBoost, you may search these forums for "ipowerweb" for more info on them. I have not found a relationship between ipowerweb and ****** other than the former Iboost connection, I bet if I looked I would find something more though.

bye bye ******.

It is a huge let down that our web host directory is getting smaller instead of bigger, but I will always choose quality over quantity, and I will NEVER accept a payment for advertising a company which I think is not acceptable to our users.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Thumbs down I have experience

It's already 6 months I have a site there - www.complab.us The experience? It's a total loss. The site is ALWAYS down. I sent numerous complains and the only result I got so far is:
    "We are currently working on the issues you are experiencing. Right now, our Systems Admin Team is correcting the load issues on the servers to normalize the rate of sites' loading time, webmail access and delay in the delivery/receipt of messages..." blah-blah-blah
    Now they added twice of storage space to the “Gigabyte plan”, 60 GB transfer and so on - you will NEVER use it. This hosting sucks. Since you gave the money and the short trial period is over - you are just another victim of this company.
    Try to open my site. I was unable to see it this month...

There is no positive experience at all. I lost 200 dollars. Free Yahoo hosting is 100 times faster and 100 times more reliable.

New User

Status
    Hi!

sorry guy's those how have face problem with company .I have done research about the company's(******.com) stand in this market. It wasn't doing fine last year .But if u see the stats of the company now it doing fine job in comparision with the last year graph .But we can find sudden boom from jan 2004 to certain days and gradually reducing from then.
    I to agree some what people says.
    reference: http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?&range=6m&size=medium&url=******.com#top

cheers
    jairam
    Last edited by jairamMaddu; 03-18-2004 at 07:10 PM.