61 users online (1 members and 60 guests)  

Related

1. Web Rank in this stuff    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. css stuff...    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. PHP and stuff    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 2

Status

Unhappy So Much Old Stuff....

There is soo much old stuff on the forum.

I suggest making an archive or something..

Better yet, have someone go through all the threads, and index them into an HTML page..

I.E.

Find all threads pertaining to UPLOADING WEB PAGES, and combine them, into the most usefull stuff.. then make a new page out of it, and put a link to it somewhere.. Understand?

There's just too much stuff to look through ;(

Status
    Good idea! When do you want to begin?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    There is soo much old stuff on the forum.
    Ever notice how the posts are in order by date, with the most recent first. You do not need to look past any pages where you feel the date would make the thread not relevant.
    I suggest making an archive or something..
    Would you like to search our archive? Again, they all have dates.
    Find all threads pertaining to UPLOADING WEB PAGES, and combine them, into the most usefull stuff.. then make a new page out of it, and put a link to it somewhere.. Understand?
    Our archive is divided into sections, "webmaster ethics", "web hosting", general discussion", "HTML", "CSS"...

I dont know how many people come to a forum looking for information, only to have a secret desire to really want the info removed and posted elsewhere. You as a (former?) forum owner, knows that forum software is designed for the user to be able to use it the way that suits their needs. If you dont want older posts, only look at the first page, if you do not like looking at individual category indexes, you can use the "since your last visit". Dont like that idea come in through http://www.ahfb2000.com/ and look at the latest 20 threads.

have someone go through all the threads, and index them into an HTML page..
    Dean, benzden, and Enigma vol their time to help members with their website problems, this is what they enjoy doing, they do not get paid, heck neither do I really, just enough to pay for costs. Certainly, I am not going to manually archive threads when the forum software does this through its very nature.

Kind of funny, but I saw the same comment about a forum which I LOATH recently. I thought to myself, cant this person come up with a legit gripe, would they like all posts removed after 24 hours and a fresh start every morning?

Dave
    Last edited by HTML; 11-25-2002 at 09:44 AM.

Status

Talking Don't change a thing.....

It's all valid and helpful.
    What would be nice, albeit impractible, is something like a page (FAQ's?) where a good question has been asked, discussed, and solved. An archive of the successes of this forum would be a great incentive for folks to join in, don't you think?

Status
    I still think it would be more organized and easier to use, but it's not mine...

And Dave, about the view thing, I know that, but I know several people that have never even had expirence with a forum, and to them, it's scary.

Anywayz,
    Do what you want,

Eric