54 users online (1 members and 53 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 9
  2. Replies: 0
  3. Getting data from flat file into webpage    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. word wrap on notepad    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  5. Replies: 2
    New User

Status

How can I create a webpage that creates or edits a notepad file

Background: I am trying to create a flash website that is easily updateable by a non-html savy user. I figure I can load the content of my flash page from a notepad file within the same directory.

I would prefer to not make the editor use a FTP program, so I figure the best method is a webpage where the person can log in and type the updated text and have it create a new notepad file and overwrite the old one. Does anyone know how to go about doing this?

Thanks

New User

Status

Re: How can I create a webpage that creates or edits a notepad file

Hi UnknownElementX,

You could have your website have a form, which uploads all the data to a .txt file. When the user wants to edit the data the website will have to read the file using fopen() and just edit the content.

Bary Wolf

Status

Re: How can I create a webpage that creates or edits a notepad file

I usually use Webs.com for it's ease of use, and the built in editor tool is very handy, perhaps it may be of some use to you as well. Hopefully it's something you can use also that helps people build web pages quite easily, no experience needed. Here's what the text editor it looks like.

The site itself also has building tools, it's better than most I have found, and is free for anyone to join. You can even register your domain through them if you want to.

Here's one I built using it: xXxtremeFightroom - Watch, Laugh, Whoop Ass