47 users online (1 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. Scrollbar in a cell in a table?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
  2. Displaying a table in Thunderbird    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. need help displaying results with links    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Scroll bar in table cell help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 14
  5. table cell background    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Help needed - displaying links in a table cell

I'm working on a site that has a simple 3-column table. The menu is in the left-hand column, and the idea is to have the link from each menu button display in the larger middle column. The right-hand column is used for something else.

For example, MenuButton1 has the url "page1.html" and I want "page1.html" to display in the middle column of the table. As each menu button is selected, the relevant page will display in the middle column (one at a time, not all together!)

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. I've tried using the #tag, I've tried naming the cells and adding the 'onclick' function, but nothing is working. I feel like I'm missing something but I've no idea what it is.

Can anyone help, and/or suggest a simple way of doing this?

I'm fairly familiar (usually!) with html, and a beginner with CSS, so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

New User

Status

Re: Help needed - displaying links in a table cell

Hey Gail,

Are you suggesting using a table to display your website with three columns - menu, content, somethingelse? Whilst this will work it is not advised and I will strongly recommend learning CSS, which does everything in an elegant manner that is far easier to control.

With regards to your question you will just have to set it so each button displays a different page with the unique content in the main page section. For the buttons in the menu section on the left, set it so <span class="menu">Link 1</span> and in your CSS add .menu{text-align:center}; that should work.

Barry Wolf

New User

Status

Re: Help needed - displaying links in a table cell

In short - you can't using only one HTML page.

The only options you've got is to use frames (not a good idea) or to use AJAX to refresh the centre call when a menu button is clicked.