61 users online (1 members and 60 guests)  

Thread: Email

Related

1. Need help with form going to email.    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Question Email

i'm using frontpage 2002 i have set up a hover button linked to diretly open email when clicked..it automatically puts in an email addy and a subjest line but i want to know how to have a hyperlink inserted into the body text..can anyone help please??

something like

I have found this site you might be interested in
    www.poeticexpressions.co.uk

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I thought your question was answered here http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmaster_he...&threadid=1233 If that did not solve the problem go to http://www.hotscripts.com and look for "tell a friend" scripts.

In the future please do not start new threads for the same problems.

thanks

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

thanks

thanks dave but it wasnt exactly what i was looking for..i just want a button on each page not a list of boxes to fill in...so ppl can click the button to open the email client and all they have to do is fill in their friends email addy ..the subject and link will already be inserted....hope that helps

Administrator

Status
    these are called mailto links. They are reliant totally on the users mail client. And they dont work. They may well work for you fine, but they will not work for most people. Your best bet is to create a mail form as suggested above by Dave.

mailto links dont work.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

email

thanks dave/dean.....will have a look for a better script then....thanks for the help guys

Status
    Go to http://email.jamrent.com to view the source code for a page that includes both FORM and user's email client methods (without JavaScript) of sending email.

Many users might be at a public computer in a coffee house, cafe, public library, school or ??? where the internal email process has been disabled for the sake of security. Having the FORM alternative allows them to send email from 'any' computer.

In my case, the FORM used my web host's process but there should be others out there that may be able to stand on their own.