35 users online (2 members and 33 guests)  

Related

1. Starting with a new web host?    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Starting an animated gif    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Lightbulb newbee needs help starting websie

I am trying to get a website up and running. I have a domain name and a start on a setup. But I am not very good at this. While doing research I noticed a lot of the articles I read had a link at the bottom of the article that said read similar articles like this and took you to the aurthers website. Or had the titles of similar articles with a link. I would be willing to do this with anyone willing to put a link back to my site. Also trying to set up a scrolling banner across the top. Anybody that is willing to help me with that
    can stick an add in it. Do not know whether people will think this is a crazy Idea or not but I figure that anyone that writes articles on a regalar bases probly have some articles archived they might be willing to donate. Also excepting advise from more experianced web builders.
    Www.albanysite.com, ftp.albanysite.com
    Last edited by HTML; 08-10-2010 at 06:06 AM.

New User

Status

Re: newbee needs help starting websie

Don't waste your time, concentrate first on SEO and once done properly you'll get tons of traffic.

Status

lol, you're on the right track DVD, researching will help you to locate more resources, and helps give you ideas on what you can use when building your site. I have used many of the free web-hosting services on sites such as Google Page Creator, Google Sites, FreeWebs, Xanga, and GoDaddy's services (which I don't recommend @ all, you can register your domain there, but the GoDaddy's affiliated building tools are very discouraging to say the least.)

You can find just about anything and everything you'll need just by going to AHFB's Homepage. Ok so in addition to finding what you need, let's move to building your site. If you need codes for components, for any language, I usually go to Java2s.com and you'll find what you're looking for there as far as source code goes.

I personally like FreeWebs, now known just as Webs.com, since it was the most functional website for beginners to experts with the largest amount of templates, tools, support, and even has webhosting services, all for FREE. Yup, all free. Here's one site I made with it, and the Flash Banner I made for it, but converted to gif to be displayed in cases like these.
    That was made within a few days, nothing special, but gives you an idea of what you can do with that site. I hope it's of some use to you my friend. [img]
    Last edited by HTML; 03-01-2012 at 01:22 PM.

New User

Status

U can start you blog in blogger..which is free

New User

Status

There are loads of companies such as volusion and Shopcreator that can provide services to host and maintain your site.

Try them out!