35 users online (0 members and 35 guests)  

Thread: Happy Holidays

Related

1. Happy 2010!    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
  2. Happy New Year    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 0
  3. Replies: 1
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Happy Holidays

Well it is that time of year again, the holiday season, time to share with family and friends. Last year I asked you to think of those who are not as fortunate,I had a friend in the hospital and other friends whos apartment had burned down a week before christmas. It was easy to think of those who may not be having such a merry christmas.

Fast forward to 2002, Greg and Drea are set up in a new household, Tim is in better health, my offline business is up over 400%, got married, yadda yadda yadda. It is not so easy to keep in my mind that it is not so good for everybody. It would be wonderful if everybodies lives were going so well, but that is just a dream. Many kids will go without this year, many elderly citizens will go christmas day without a phone call or any visitors, many parents will cry because they simply do not have the resources to put that deserved smile on thier childs face.

Many times we want to do something for others and just are not quite sure exactly what we can do. Here is a suggestion which takes very little time or effort and will make your entire family feel GREAT! Last year I spent christmas eve at one of our local hospitals waiting for a friend to come out of surgery. While waiting, a young family came into the waiting room. Obviously not very well off financially, they almost appeared to be a homeless family themselves, yet they felt thier lives were a little better than others and went out of their way to help. The entire family, kids and all entered the waiting room with their arms full of paper bags filled with food, they spent time praying and talking with everybody, giving extra attention to a little old lady whos husband had suffered a major stroke. It was a truly inspiring day and I will be following this families lead this year. The funny thing about giving to others is the fact that the less you have, the better it feels to give.

I have been blessed this year and for the first time in 12 years my daughter will be with me for christmas, this alone guarantees it to be the best christmas in my entire life(and I am an old SOB). I would like to wish the same happiness to you and your families, I pray for your health, physically, spiritually, emotionally and financially.

Happy holidays and happy new year to all.

Regards,

Dave Bailey

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Back at ya Dave!

And to everyone in here have a great Christmas, a peaceful New Year!

Super Newbie

Status
    Even though i'm Muslim and therefore don't celebrate Christmas, it's still a good time to spread joy to those who don't have much to be happy about. Merry Christmas!

Status
    Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukha, Happy Kwanza and Happy New Year to all.