40 users online (0 members and 40 guests)  

Thread: Help!

technel

Question Help!

Hey guys, I run the web site BluePixel.tk, and I was trying to make the web site a little more blue but I have hit a huge roadblock. I really cannot figure it out. This is what I have so far:
    http://www.boomspeed.com/techso/index.html
    As you may notice, there are 2 lines that are 1 thickness, one of them right below the header image, and one next to the NAV...I can't figure out what to edit to get those as thick as the border around the template!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Administrator

Status
    I see your problem.

Your design (which is lovely, btw, quite jealous) is an eclectic mix of HTML tables and CSS properties, with some DIVS chucked in. Whilst this is fine (in fact, its the recommended compromise for commercial designers) I would have kept the borders CSS-only.

You may want to think about keeping all the borders controlled via CSS, which lets you set individual sides to different thicknesses, width etc and throw the table borders out of the window.

Your problems stem from nested tables. Try removing the borders from the tables and applying them purely thru css.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    Other than having to do an annoying horizontal scroll for just a little bit of additional information in the frame window I don't see anything bad about what you have. I'm using 800x600 screen resolution, by the way.

Also, having just the H of Home in bold seems more to detract from the rest of the page than make it stand out from the rest. It needn't stand out, either - most people automatically looking for it at the head of any menu list, anyway. I'd try ALLCAPS HOME or just leave it at Home without the bold.

Nice site - uncluttered and simple - lot's of page not founds, including the home frame-page, but easy to understand and view.
    Last edited by benzden; 12-25-2002 at 11:52 AM.

technel
    "lot's of page not founds, including the home frame-page, but easy to understand and view."

That is because this isn't my real site! I am trying to re-do the layout. The real site is http://bluepixel.tk !

"You may want to think about keeping all the borders controlled via CSS, which lets you set individual sides to different thicknesses, width etc and throw the table borders out of the window.

Your problems stem from nested tables. Try removing the borders from the tables and applying them purely thru css"

So how would u do that exactly

Administrator

Status
    Check out the css tutorial link in my signature
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

technel
    ok, ill check it out, thx