186 users online (0 members and 186 guests)  

Thread: Adding Music

Related

1. adding image above...    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Adding a date    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Replies: 1
  4. Adding Favorites    Forum: HTML Forum
  5. adding up my values    Forum: Javascript Forum
    New User

Status

Question Adding Music

How do i add music to my site? I want to add an mp3 or wav file and have it play in the backround when someone visits my site. Thanks.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Hey Ajax welcome to the forums

I could answer the question easily and give you the code, but you would then miss out on some important information which is contained in other threads on the topic. I highly suggest using the search link on the left <----

Here is a quick tip though forget about using a MP3 as background music. Actually you should forget the music idea all together. All it will do is increase the load time of the page to limits in which the huge majority of folks will be gone before they ever even found out what music you are playing or what your site even looks like.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Super Newbie

Status
    but if you've thought it through and still want to add music,

<embed src='urloffile.wav' autostart=true>

Status
    I don't like sites that play music in the background when I visit them!

What do webmasters think - I don't already have my own music, news, talk-radio or even "silence" in my background while I'm browsing the internet?!

If webmasters just can't live without foisting their personal preferences on the rest of us (sort of like kids walking around with boom boxes blaring to the heavens), make it an option - especially make it an option to turn it off.

Status
    Not sure if it's just me or not, but I have seemed to notice alot less music on the web.. maybe it's the site's I now browse, but who knows, is there possibly a decline?

Status
    Yeah, there's a lot less. It seems to be one of the phases we all go through as webmasters - some never get out of it. I have sound files with differing pronounciations of our family surname that are only activate when the user clicks the speaker icon, such as at http://jamrent.50megs.com/c/cyrialtc.htm#ciriacks

That seems to be a friendlier way to 'share' sounds with visitors.

Ugly Geezer

Status
    Hopefully there's a decline...there's nothing worse than visiting a site with sound/music if you recently switched the volume up to listen to something which was quiet.

I prefer my eardrums unperforated.

If sound is an essential part of a site I'd leave it off with the option for a visitor to switch it on as and when they want to.