47 users online (1 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Replies: 0
  3. Embedding Flash file in CSS code    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. PHP and flash    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. Ignore code and link greeting note code    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3

Status

Flash Detection Code

Good day!

I have an intranet website that was in the server and it has a flash. My problem is the client computer has no flash installer; I want that they can access the flash.exe in the server so they can install it to their computer. I read some forum that it could happen using JavaScript detection code. Honestly I have no idea about it.
    Thank you

Status

Re: Flash Detection Code

Good day!
    I run my intranet website in IE8 without internet connection. I uninstalled my Adobe Flash Player Installer 10.1 which is located in my documents to test if I used the swfobject for the auto install of flash player. As I’ve said on my past thread that I want to happen is the client got a popup message to tell them that they need to install flash player and follow the link where the installer found. Honestly, I did not totally understand what is the use of swfobject why I need it to solve my problems?
    Here is my code:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>

<div id="Products_Gallery">
      <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="450" height="375" id="Products_Gallery">
        <param name="movie" value="PRODUCTS_GALLERY.swf?variable=varvalue" />
        <param name="quality" value="high" />
    	<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
        <embed src="PRODUCTS_GALLERY.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="375" wmode="transparent"></embed>
      </object>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    	var so = new SWFObject("PRODUCTS_GALLERY.swf", "Products_Gallery", "450", "375");
    	so.addVariable("variable", "varvalue");
    	so.write("Products_Gallery");
    </script>
    And I encountered error:
    ‘SWFObject’ is undefined.

Status

Re: Flash Detection Code

Good day!
    Since the client user has no totally installed flash player in their computer, so that No need to detect if they have installed flash player. I try to create an alert and I found out that it’s impossible to put a link in the alert. Now I remove the flash installer in my computer, so that the flash in my webpage become a box. I want to happen when they open my webpage that contains a flash; an alert or message on the top was appearing saying that “You do not have flash installed in your computer. Follow this link to get the installer”. I try it using alert but the link is impossible to appear. I have no idea how I can do this.
    Thank you