31 users online (1 members and 30 guests)  

Related

1. Wordpress Auto thumbnail Generation    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Urgent need to sort report    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. PHPthumb image generation trouble    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. asp file with Report in Word template    Forum: ASP Forum
    Replies: 1

Status

How to create report generation using php codes

Good day!
    I upgrade my version of mysql from mysql 4.1.10 to mysql 5.0.15. Now I used phpmyadmin to access my database using XAMPP. Now, I need to create a report generation and I have no idea how I can do that. What are the requirements and configuration I need to do? Is it a free application like a crystal reports that I can download? Or should I create my own report generation using php?
    I found codes for report generation and honestly I caní understand the whole codes because I am a beginner in using php.

Thank you in advance

New User

Status

Re: How to create report generation using php codes

Would depend entirely upon the type of report. Is it just a dump of the data into an Excel Spreadsheet for example? Is there any logic or sums that need to be performed for totals or conditional display of data?

Status

It sounds to me like you are trying to find a script that you can install and that you will never have to look at PHP again. Crystal Reports might connect to MySQL (though I honestly have no idea), but I am not aware of any free or even cheap scripts that will work the same as Crystal Reports.

You can create "reports" in PhpMyAdmin and export your results as a CSV file. The difference is that with MySQL and PHP directly, you are working with the data itself rather than with a template.

Your other option is to hire someone to create the script for you.

New User

Status

Check out this, they have some examples that will help you figure out what you need:
    tecnickdotcom/public/code/cp_dpage.php?aiocp_dp=tcpdf