Thread: 500 internal server error
Results 1 to 2 of 2
500 internal server error...while installing phpbb Forum: PHP ForumReplies: 0
Internal Server Error? Forum: CGI Perl ForumReplies: 9
iframe - internal server error Forum: HTML ForumReplies: 1
DB-Library error: General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server. Forum: General DiscussionReplies: 0
12-11-2010, 04:30 AM #1
500 internal server error
I need a quick help from GURUs of PERL.
I moved a website to a new location and got an error "Internal Server Error" instead of specific error. As i don't know PERL so i don't know how to fix it.
Can anybody help me to fix this error or to generate a specific error which i can understand as "Internal Server Errror" is not understandable for me.
Need some quick help from you guys
12-11-2010, 08:40 PM #2
Re: 500 internal server error
This is a common error but isn't very descriptive. Without further details it would be difficult to ascertain exactly what the cause of this error is. Here are some pointers:
1) Script permissions are set to 755.
2) Script uploaded in ASCII format.
3) Web host perl script extension (.pl and/or .cgi).
4) Script correctly located in the cgi-bin if need be.
5) Proper shebang line i.e. #!usr/bin/perl.
6) Script syntax is correct (errors can be displayed using the CGI::Carp module).