27 users online (1 members and 26 guests)  

New User

Status

Free traffic website

Hi all,

I just joined the forum and wanted to ask a question. I have recently started a free traffic website which requires webmasters to

- Place the widget provided on their website
    - Submit their posts, articles, images, videos (has to be link)

That's it. Now I have been sending mails to webmasters (about 150 website owners) haven't seen much of a response. I checked the analytics and not many people are clicking on the link provided!! Looks like most of them are not even ready the mail...probably the subject needs to be catchy...

Any how, I wanted a bit of a brainstorming with some of your guys (who are quite intelligent I must say ) and see what I can do.

I don't want to post a link and be penalized for spamming, so if you want to take a look at the site, just go to google and type 'bestoti'.

BTW, I haven't done any SEO yet. I will start when the site really starts getting some submitters.

Thanks A LOT

New User

Status

Re: Free traffic website

Well, one reason for the lack of response is probably because it sounds like you are doing spam emailings?

I mean where did you get the email address of these webmasters you are contacting to promote your website program?

Just saying... if I received an email from someone I don't know I would not even open it. Just delete it and move on.

New User

Status

Free web site , how free method , there recommend?

Status

i prefer you to target the long tail keywords which has high search volume to get traffic

New User

Status

I would join alot of webmaster targeted sites with social applications and spend time talking with other webmasters, get to know them first, try to be helpful and then let them know about your site and the benefits of it. But it shouldn't be the first thing you do when you make contact with a webmaster, they can be very sceptical

New User

Status

Web directory submission and bookmark directory submission are total free websites.
    Last edited by HTML; 02-15-2013 at 07:18 AM.

New User

Status

E-mail promotion is a thing of the past, only old people who don't know much about computers probably will look at your e-mail.
    Try social promotion, you can share something interesting from your site and maybe your friends will post and access it.

New User

Status

Very few people respond to spam these days. I know I receive so much email I can't even read all the legit ones let alone the spam