34 users online (0 members and 34 guests)  

Related

1. A form That emails... not using outlook    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 7
    New User

Status

Can't get phpBB to send emails of topic/thread

This should have been an easy task but it's turned into several months of trial and error (and frustration) with no success.

I got a new website set up on Webhostingpad. Then I installed phpBB. I think it's installed OK, but I can't get it too send emails when new items are posted. The check box to subscribe is checked, but no emails are delivered and I don't know where to look for any errors that it might be experiencing.

Webhostingpad tech support says that the basic Mail command is available so I shouldn't need any SMTP configuration.

Any ideas? I'm about ready do delete the forum and reinstall it again because I don't know what else to try.

tx

Bob Summers
    Kemptville, Ontario
    (near Ottawa)

New User

Status

Re: Can't get phpBB to send emails of topic/thread

2nd Go 'Round

OK, I blew away my phpBB and reinstalled it. This time I took it slower and actually read a lot of the set up information and documentions. I made the installation as simple as I could.

I set up two users. When I logged in as either, they both had the "Subscribe Topic" checkbox checked. I guess this is because of some initial option that I enabled when setting up the forum.

Both users got their "Welcome" email, but neither got any emails as a result of replying to the test post?

So "Email" capability exists and is functional on Webhostingpad, but what do I have to do to get email notification of posts to work?

Bob Summers