31 users online (1 members and 30 guests)  

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Related

1. view at the top of page    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Page view    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Replies: 5
  4. Strange view source behavior.    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. I can't view my website    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    Administrator

Status
    I wonder. Is the machine logged in with Admin permissions?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Be Yourself

Status
    I think it's helarious, only in windows do I ever see a 4+ page topic on a problem with the operating system, and it's surprising how often things like this come up. It's funny coming in at the end and reading it. Anyways as the famous saying goes where i work... only in windows... lol.

New User

Status

Help!!!

I have been trying to view the source and cannot as well on any web pages. I'm using IE6 on Windows 98 OS. It says this:

Cannot find the file 'notepad' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

I have changed the tools html editor to windows notepad, I have the program in the computer, I have made a shortcut to the desktop, I have copied the notepad program to IE folder and still nothing works.

I've talked to all the web guru's I know and they can't figure it out either. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks,

- Catinreno

Administrator

Status
    As it mentioned earlier in the thread, mkake sure you have no filenames called notepad.*

not a shortcut, nothing.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

Be Yourself

Status
    this may not sound too enticing, but maybe put all the files you need on a few zip disks, then reinstal windows altogether if you can't figure it out. Ha that's gotta work.

New User

Status
    What do you mean? Remove the entire program of notepad?? Then reinstall it? I'm not sure I understand. I read that someone had a file called notepad.lnk, but I don't have that.

- Catinreno

Be Yourself

Status
    thats a shortcut to notepad. But yes remove notepad entirely. entirely. did i say entirely lol. jk then get it off the microsoft download page (you shouldn't even leave a reinstall thing on your computer). If that doesn't work then reinstalling windows isn't too big a hassle i've done it before but you don't seam to like that idea But thats last case thing i was just throwing it out to you.

Administrator

Status
    It can be any file with notepad in the filename, including shortcuts, text files. Anything. So plat it safe and move any files like that from your desktop.

New User

Status
    [COLOR=blue][FONT=garamond][SIZE=3]

Ok, I don't want to sound like a total idiot, but I'll take that chance. I'm removing all of notepad, correct? Or am I just deleting anything on my desktop? And if I remove notepad, am I to reinstall it after?

Be Yourself

Status
    well how else are you going to view your source?

New User

Status
    Hola,
    I noticed a strange thing when I thought I was experiencing the same problem (IE6, XP). For some reason, if I type the url in and hit go, I can view the source. However, if I click a link on that page, then hit view source, nothing happens. But, if I just click the go button, forcing the page to reload, then try the source again, boom, up comes notepad.

Personal take, the Windows is on serious crack.

New User

Status
    I have been trying all sorts of methods and nothing seems to work. I got rid of IE 6 and IE 5 is doing the same thing. I re-installed IE 6 and again, nothing. I think there might actually be a problem with my notepad. Does anyone know where I can download a newer version of notepad??

Thanks!!

- Catinreno

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    try the microsoft download page, may not be a newer version, deleting what you have and replacing it may be a good idea

New User

Status
    I've also just gone through the same exercise: deleting temp files didn't do a scrap of difference.

Removed the Notepad icon from my desktop did the trick(!), however, when I replaced it (refer nightwing's suggestion, above), the system stopped working again.

My suggestion: if you have Notepad on your desktop, rename as two words - i.e Note pad.

Works for me.

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDJ
    I've also just gone through the same exercise: deleting temp files didn't do a scrap of difference.

Removed the Notepad icon from my desktop did the trick(!), however, when I replaced it (refer nightwing's suggestion, above), the system stopped working again.

My suggestion: if you have Notepad on your desktop, rename as two words - i.e Note pad.

Works for me.
    Find Notepad.exe in WINDOWS/System 32 and create your shortcut from that location rather then creating a shortcut from the start menu. It worked for me.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last