37 users online (1 members and 36 guests)  

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Related

1. view at the top of page    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Page view    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Replies: 5
  4. Strange view source behavior.    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. I can't view my website    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2

Status

Isn't this interesting.....

This just happened to me too (IE6 SP2 on Win2K). Then I noticed that it was only happening on my personal web portal (local drive). I could "view source" on all other pages I could see. Strange.
    Soooooo: I closed the session holding my personal portal, and went to the other open session and clicked "Home" and "whoops, there it is!" I could once again "view source" on my local site.
    Strange.

Status
    Try refreshing the page (in a frameset, right click on one frame and say refresh.) Another reason this happens is because IE6 SP2 needs a version of the file in the cache folder, and it only searches for the file before the page is loaded.

Quite stupid in my opinion.....

Status
    I dunno......
    I open the site first thing in the morning, and shut it down when I go home. (Our corporate intranet is so huge, it's the only way I can keep from getting lost.)
    I've been working (re-coding, re-layouting, re-colouring, re-updating, etc.) this site (on my local HD only) for more than two years now. First time it's ever happened. Just that browser session.
    You're right, though. Kinda stupid, (if that's what happened).

New User

Status

Um

I tried deleting my temp files... but it just loads forever heh.

-Jonathan

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Not sure I understand.

Dave

New User

Status

View Source Notepad Problem

Hi,

Just for info, if you rename your notepad link on your desktop, everything works out fine.

Just Call it Note Pad or so...

Crazy thing, isn't it.

New User

Status
    sounds like a big problem...sounds like you screwed something up...should've saved yourself alot of trouble by taking it to a local repairer

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster_rifl
    I tried deleting my temp files... but it just loads forever heh.

-Jonathan
    thats because you have alot of files, possibly over 20,000, I have myself over 50,000 so just give it some time, depending on your computer, wether it is *censored* (1ghz or less) or fast will make a huge difference in the temp files being deleted.

If you are going into IE > Internet Options > Delete Files, then just leave it for a couple minutes, like I said it could take an hour depending on your computers stats
    Last edited by QuietDean; 11-27-2003 at 01:32 PM.

Status

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Zero
    If you are going into IE > Internet Options > Delete Files, then just leave it for a couple minutes, like I said it could take an hour depending on your computers stats
    I usually do a "Start/Search" for "*.tmp" and delete about 100 files at a time. It only takes a few minutes to delete the entire contents of the "Temp Folder"

New User

Status

Talking Your Fix

Quote Originally Posted by nitewing
    Not sure where to post this and I hope one of you can help me out.

I don't know how to get my view source to start working again.

I updated windows a couple three weeks ago but have had no occassion to use it until now...I use it mainly to check things on my own sites....

Icannot figure this out..tried everything I could think of to no avail...not working from the bar or the right click menu.

Nitewing

Temporary Files Full
    When the Internet Explorer disk cache becomes full it may stop the View Source function from working. To resolve, open Internet Explorer and click "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Delete Files".

I found it here http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1246/
    I had the same problem

New User

Status

Lightbulb view source

I had the problem as well and could suddenly not view the source of any web page. Could solve it by decreasing the amount of disk space to use for temporary internet files to a size under 80 MB.

Maybe it works for you, too.

Good luck!

Mona

New User

Status

Clearing page cache usually fixes that

Usually that is fixed by Tools-->Internet Options-->Delete Files (check the box for All Offline Content).

What happens is when the cache gets full the View Source stops working, a bug in IE since way back when. I wish that always cured it, sometimes it doesn't - but it usually does.

Rob

New User

Status

Thumbs up

I would recommend you try deleting your temporary internet files.
    I had the same issue and found this help resolve it.
    good luck

New User

Status
    hello,
    been reading this thread and tried everything listed here and still have no luck viewing source.
    running xp pro, have notepad as default HTML editor, have reinstalled ie6 after setting registry key settings to "0" instead of "1" and still nothing.

i have nothing on my desktop as far as notepad files and nothing downloaded lately that would compromise view source from working.

i'm at a loss after reading this thread and not being able to solve this problem.

New User

Status

Easy possible fix

I am using IE6, win98SE and started having the same problem... after doing a little registry snooping (do a search in the keys for notepad) I realized that my computer had somehow reassigned the default path for notepad as c:\windows\notepad.exe for many of it's entries instead of c:\program files\accessories. Made a copy of notepad.exe in the c:\windows folder... tada.
    It's been working fine ever since.

Not sure on NT/2000/XP, but I'd guess you want to put a copy in c:\winnt. Check the registry if that doesn't work.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last