31 users online (0 members and 31 guests)  

Related

1. SQL Not Producing Desired Results    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Feedback!    Forum: AHFB Feedback
    Replies: 7
  3. Feedback please ......?    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 0

Status

Feedback desired

Got up a relatively simple commercial site, it's chief distinguishing feature is that it has more than 1000 html pages, and it uses a free search tool. Please let me know how it should be improved.

http://www.witherspoonbooks.com/

New User

Status
    The site is very readable, with large fonts and good, but not jarring contrast.

Personally, I would like to see some improved navigation. Buttons for the home page, the search page, etc., if placed on every page, would make it easier to get around.

BTW, I have bookmarked your site, as I have an interest in medieval history, and you are no more than an hour away from where I live!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I think it is very well done, looks good using ie6, win98, 800x600

MY only problem is the background image, dont like them.

Dave

Status
    The search FORM and the browse by category page should be included in menu directing visitors thereto. It's time consuming to keep clicking to go to differing pages to do something that could be done from where one is.

The amount of space needed by the 'guts' of the search process is just a little bit larger than the graphic image directing users to the separate page.

Using a <SELECT ...> box <FORM ...> for the browse by category items will allow those users with IE browsers to skip the extra page. If nothing else, place the entire "browse by category" links menu at the bottom of each page in small font size.
    They should be alphabetized.

The background looks okay to me - as do the other graphics and fonts.

Status

Reply to desired feedback

Thanks to all. The plan was to keep it simple and easy for the user. I will probably implement all of your suggestions. Once again... thanks.

Status
    I dunno if you still want suggestions, but on the browse by category page, add a link back home on the top of the page.

Status

[QUOTE]I dunno if you still want suggestions, but on the browse by category page, add a link back home on the top of the page.[/QUOTE]

I assume that you mean at the top of each of the catagories?

Thats a good point. I have such a link at the foot of each page, but it would be useful to insert a return link at the head.

Thanks, Saj.