41 users online (1 members and 40 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. Embedding Frames And Such    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 8
  3. Embedding Menu.htm into Default.htm    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  4. one or two stylesheets    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Flash embedding    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 8
    New User

Status

Embedding Fonts (stylesheets)

Hey I'm trying to Embed a font on my webpage using stylesheets.

Problem: I use a book and it's exactly as it is in the book it's an .EOT file and the referenced stylesheet formatter is
    <STYLE>
    @font-face {font-family: "germany"; src url(fontname.EOT)}

etc
    etc

but when I use the font-family modifier for a style like <p> or something it doesn't work everyone gets regular font.

I think I explained that as well as it could be explained.

Please help.

if you wanna see the source code just go to my web site
    http://www.members.cox.net/the-red-shamrock

and right click, view source
    if you have a clue what I'm talking about please help.

Administrator

Status
    Not working for me using ie6 , either.

Try setting the entire url, ie

@font-face {font-family: "germany"; src: url(http://www.members.cox.net/the-red-shamrock/BRGERRT0.EOT)}

see if that makes a difference.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    Don't think I saw the fonts when the page first loaded but after capturing and placing the two .eot files in my C:\windows\font folder, the left side menu now displays them.

Am now having to reboot my computer after messing with a downloaded tweaked version of your web page with the two fonts. It displayed without the framing borders but with the fonts after I placed ./ before each of them and kept them in the same folder as the .htm file.

New User

Status
    QuietDean,
    I tried that last night and thought that it would work but my luck wasn't so good. It didn't work. The only thing I was thinking is that no browser is 100% compatible with Style Sheets and css sooo...... I guess I'm gonna blame it on Microsoft. Hehe that sounds so cliche'. So anyway if you have any other ideas I'm still gonna try and get it to work.
    Thanks

Administrator

Status
    Just a thought..how big is the EOT file? if its quite large it probably takes too long to download with a dialup.

Embedded fonts are one area weakly supported across all browsers. Support is so grim that I have never used them at all.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

New User

Status
    That's a possibility I've been contemplating going to a standardized text but I have cox internet service and they blow so right now my website is down. In a .TTF file they are 63kb and 47kb I believe, with the conversion I think they are the same. I am thinking of just scrapping the embed idea but I loved the text I used.

another quick question while this post is up about my website.....

What did you think about the layout and ease of browsing? did that need work or is it ok. I only do this as a hobby and it's really like the second website I've actually put a lot of time and effort into.

Status
    FYI, the only time I got the fonts to display on my comuter, on or offline were when they were installed and resident int he C:\WINDOWS\FONT folder - Windows 98, that is. I tried more than a half dozen different ways. The ./ wasn't needed before the rest of the link in the .htm file.

Administrator

Status
    I cant remember what it looked like I was viewing the source, so didn't look. And its down now, so... sorry!

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by b.squires317
    QuietDean,
    I tried that last night and thought that it would work but my luck wasn't so good. It didn't work. The only thing I was thinking is that no browser is 100% compatible with Style Sheets and css sooo...... I guess I'm gonna blame it on Microsoft. Hehe that sounds so cliche'. So anyway if you have any other ideas I'm still gonna try and get it to work.
    Thanks
    Font descriptors and the '@font-face' declaration don't exist in CSS 2.1.

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/changes.html#q23